Chapter 4: Silent Games

Mark had to go make a video. He said he had made a schedule for when he would post and it was almost time for his second video of the day. You wished he was still here, even though you barely knew him. But it felt weird being in this guy's house alone.

You decided you'd go and explore the house. It was a pretty decent sized house. There was a Mark's room, and two guest bedrooms. There were some pictures on the walls. Most of them were of you and Mark. You stared at one picture in general. It was a wedding photo. Mark had you pulled into a hug and you were bent over laughing about something. You liked how his eyes squinted when he smiled.

Your dress was very pretty in the picture. It was a ball gown type dress, and he was in a black tuxedo. You hadn't realized how short he was. You were almost taller than him, yet he was still taller by a couple inches. You saw his recording room and heard him talking. He tried to sound happy, but he didn't. Then he stopped the game, "Guys, I'm sorry I'm not acting very funny right now... I've been having a tough time because as some of you might now, me and (f/n) were in a car crash, and now she can't remember me or anything about me." He shook his head. You couldn't see his face but you could imagine him trying not to cry. But wait, why did he tell the whole internet about you? Were you famous or something. Then you remembered that his fans would probably know.

This kind of made you feel uneasy. You weren't sure how to feel about it. The whole internet knew who you were and you didn't even know about it. He stopped his video and you guessed he was editing it now. You walked inside, looking at the walks and at the computer. It was pretty cool in here.

He sniffled. You touched his shoulder and he jumped, turning around. When he saw you he raised his hand to his heart, "(f/n), you scared the crap out of me," he said. You pulled a chair up and sat down next to him, "Sorry," you told him. He just nodded a bit.

"What all games do you play?" You tried to get his mind off the whole memory loss mess.

"Any games really. Horror, funny, pixelated, minecraft. Anything," he said, looking at you. "Would you want to play something with me?"

You nodded. It could be fun to do so. "Sure, I guess."

He looked at all the games on his desktop and decided on one after a second. Before you knew it Minecraft appeared on the screen. You couldn't remember ever playing it but it looked kind of cool.

You and Mark and spent a lot of day just playing Minecraft. You didn't talk very much, other than him teaching you how to play and telling you how to build a house, etc.

Even though there was silence, it felt comforting.