Chapter 31: The Day

You looked down at yourself, the white dress you were wearing was swaying ever so slightly from the air conditioned room. This was one of the biggest moments of your life. The day you would marry the man of your dreams.

You looked back up at the mirror. Your dress was a strapless dress that was medium sized at the bottom. It wasn't too big or too small. You loved it. I mean, who wouldn't? You were wearing a pendant around your neck and the veil was placed perfectly over your head.

After about 6 months of planning, you finally put together a nice little ceremony. The only people coming would be close family and friends. Tom, Mark's brother, was the best man. Your maid of honor was your best friend.

Your father then walked in the room, staring at you. "You look beautiful, honey. I can't believe my little girl is growing up," he said. You could see by the way his eyes were becoming glassy that he was almost in tears.

"Oh, daddy. I'll always be your little girl," you said, smiling. He smiled back at you, "You ready, sweetheart?" You nodded in response. You couldn't wait. The wedding was in a little church building. Of course, you weren't very religious, but it was one of the best places available.

You looped your arm through your father's, opening the doors to the chapel. As soon as the doors opened, the song Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran began playing. Your father walked you down the isle, everyone standing when they saw you. Mark was up there, wearing a black tuxedo and a warfstache bow tie. His hair was groomed neatly and his scruff was also very neat.

Once you got to the end of the aisle, your father sniffled and handed you off to Mark. You stood next to him, facing him. You looked into Mark's gorgeous chocolate brown eyes. He took your hands in his, tears in his eyes. Your eyes were stinging with water too.

As the ceremony continued, you said your vows and put the rings on each other's fingers. The priest finally said, "I now pronounce you, Mr. and Mrs. Fischbach. You may kiss the bride."

You leaned up to kiss Mark. He kissed you sweetly. It was the kind of sweetness that cotton candy would bring to your tastebuds. It was wonderful. It was as if you two were the only ones in the world.

A squeak from Holly brought you both back. You pulled away, turning towards Holly. Her face was beautiful. You couldn't help but smile. You could see Mark grinning in the corner of your eye. She was growing fast. And your family would soon become so much closer. You just knew it. Nothing could break your family apart.