0.0

Draco Malfoy returned for his last year at Hogwarts, despite the torturous events of his fifth year at the school.

Demons were constantly burning away at his beautiful mind, pulling him deeper and deeper into the hell fires that held an unforgivable fate for him.

Maybe this was all he was meant for. A cloak of darkness constantly smothering whatever bright orb was left of his spirit, until eventually he would succumb to the smothering death and obsolete collapse of hope.

A complete oblivion which destroys the boy a loving mother came to raise.

But then there's a light.

A singular star in the abyss of the night sky, which continues to grow and burn as the night grows older - colder.

The white flame burns and burns until Malfoy has to shield himself from the light, but by this point, it's too late.

The light has blossomed within him, starting at the very heart he believed had turned stone cold. A singular flower which grew from his chest and began to wrap and wind it's way around his body until there was absolutely no escape from it.

At first he thought he was losing his mind, that the dark mark was punishing him for beginning to feel again, but that was a different kind of burn.

This burn, he couldn't decipher whether the flame was hot or cold. It leaped and burned within his stomach, lapping up the walls and killing him slowly - softly.

Draco Malfoy had never experienced butterflies before.

Unbeknownst to him; he was hopelessly in love, in love with Ivy Grangewood.

How could he not be? Her perfect features, delicate soul and absolute purity made it impossible for him not to fall.

The Devil of Night in love with the Angel of Light.

But how could he confess to his sins?

How could he possibly begin to apologise for everything he had done, had caused, had been a bystander to, which had caused her to lose her wings.

What she had lost, he would gain, in due course.

The universe has a time for everything, for everyone, and it was just a matter of time before it's wandering direction lead him on this path.

The world was burning, but he would never let her see that. He would shield her, protect her, love her until the very day his spirit would leave this damned earth.

But a façade can never last. How could it?

The demon would come back from the ashes eventually, it was just a matter of time.

Time.

If only, he had more time.

If only, he could turn back the clock.

If only, he could kiss away her worries and reset the world for her.

But then again, the universe was never fair.

It didn't chose sides, it just let the lights die out as stars burn to nothingness.

But he would make sure hers didn't.

It was his only purpose to keep him going, to keep him from burning out his own light.

A singularity of hope.

A Requisite;

What is necessary for a specified end.

__
welcome to requisite 🤍