0.3

I couldn't seem to rest that night. That blond haired boy was consuming my every thought, the broken expression on his face serving as a constant reminder of what happened.

I woke the next morning with barely an hours sleep, my mind replaying the moment over and over again.

How could someone with such a fierce demeanour be so...timid inside. It seemed his whole presence was a lie.

I stood outside of Herbology with Neville, waiting for Professor Sprout to let us in.

"Did I tell you about what I'm doing after class?" Neville smiled enthusiastically at me. "Professor Sprout's letting me help out with her study, giving me extra house points for it. I see it as a win-win personally, thought I won't be around until just before the quidditch starts. Is that alright?"

I shook my head, returning the smile at his innocence.

"No, no of course it's fine. That's great that you're able to do that, you've always been keen on the subject anyway."

I found strength through friends, and though I was still hurting inside I realised shutting myself out from everyone wasn't always the best option. Seeing Malfoy like that made me realise how grateful I was for those that cared for me. Besides, it wasn't fair to hurt Neville, I think I had had enough suffering at the moment for the both of us.

"Have you heard much from Harry recently?" The class slowly started to move into the greenhouse as the professor welcomed us in.

"No not really...I expect he'll be wanting to talk to me at some point. But I know him, Ron and occasionally Hermione have been skipping a few classes and going missing in the afternoons. Something's definitely not right. I can feel it." I sighed, placing my books down and brushing away the specs of compost on the table.

"Glad it's not just me. I think Luna senses it too you know, Merlin we all do. She's with the thestrals a lot...well more so than usual." His feet bounced up and down impatiently as he waited for his favourite lesson to begin.

I glanced up through the dusty windows, catching a glimpse of my reflection. My short mossy brown hair fell in waves around my face, my eyes seeming grey and drained of the green that previously filled them. Depression didn't look good on me.

~*~

A few hours passed and we had finally finished our lessons for the day. I felt like I'd done well. Sure I felt a little drained, but it was progress.

I lingered outside of the greenhouse, hugging my coat close to myself as I waited for Neville. The quidditch match was on tonight, Gryffindor against Slytherin, so I felt inclined to go. After all, house support never dies.

"Hey, thanks for waiting." Neville finally burst out of the room, rosy cheeks and smiling ear to ear. I handed him his coat and scarf, beginning to walk with him to the pitch as he pulled his gear on.

"You not wearing your scarf?" He asked, noticing my lack of sporting attire.

I'd completely forgot. I'd given it to Malfoy.

"Oh, I think I lost it or something, I can't seem to find it." I shook my head, the brisk autumn air hitting my skin as we left the castle and headed towards the stadium.

"Never mind, you can always borrow mine if you'd like. Don't want you catching a cold." He chuckled, his eyes crinkling as he smiled at me.

"It's okay, thank you though."

"Neville! Ivy!" My head turned to the side as Luna ran over to us, bundled up tightly in her hat, scarf and gloves.

"You ready for the game?" She puffed out with a smile, looking between me and Neville.