1.9

The rain wouldn't stop falling the next day.

From the morning to the afternoon the downpour was constant, the smell drifting throughout the corridors of the castle.

The outdoor pavements were flooded with puddles, the last of the autumn leaves drowning into nothingness.

A strange feeling of light was balanced within my chest from the moment I woke this morning, consuming my every thought.

I was currently sat in Defence with Draco at my side, along with Pansy, Theo and Blaise.

A blush crept onto my face as Draco gently brushed his leg against mine, his lip half curled into a smile as he looked over at me.

It felt strange being so close to him again, let alone him asking me to sit besides him. Though Pansy gave him an odd stare, Blaise quickly shut her up and drew the attention away from us. It seemed as if Draco appreciated it.

"You busy tonight?" He asked, causing me to let out a breathless laugh down into my lap. It wasn't like I would be up to much now was it.

"I think I've got some free time I can spare." I kept my eyes down as we spoke, trying not to draw attention to us as Carrow continued his senseless rambling.

He checked no one was listening before he leant over slightly, his lips nearing my ear.

"Astronomy tower at nine?"

I bit my lip to hide the smile that was forming on my face, nodding in response as I knew I wouldn't be able to respond verbally without smiling like an idiot.

He showed up to classes today looking slightly better than I'd seen him for the past month. Though his face was still drastically pale and his energy drained, he didn't seem as exhausted as he normally did. The afternoon spent together probably contributed to that.

"Abbott. If you'll come to the front."

One of the Hufflepuff girls rose from her seat, swallowing nervously as she made her way towards Carrow.

"What's he doing now, the fat bastard?" Theo rolled his eyes at him, tapping his quill against the table.

It was alright for some. Slytherins were the only house completed unharmed throughout this whole fiasco, and as they weren't afraid, they could get away with anything.

Carrow outstretched his wand towards Hannah, her body visibly shaking as he did so.

"Imperio." My eyes widened as her eyes suddenly went white, her body freezing and her face dropping stagnant.

"Now. I want you to try it on your partners." He sneered, walking around the girl as he stared at everyone in the room.

"Don't seriously harm them. But you can have some fun with it."

In an instant a large circle of fire appeared at the front of the room, the explosion of heat causing students to shield themselves.

I watched in horror as Carrow twisted his wand, Hannah slowly turning around before she began to walk directly into a fire, a vacant expression on her face the entire time.

I felt my hands begin to clench, my body fighting against itself as I was desperate to cause a stop to this madness.

Draco's hand quickly grabbed onto mine from under the table as he looked across at me, his jaw clenching as he sternly shook his head.

But before I could respond, one of the other Hufflepuff's yelled out for Carrow to stop as Hannah drew nearer and nearer towards the flame.

In an instant he broke his concentration on the spell, the flames disappearing as she suddenly snapped back into reality, looking around urgently.