0.9

"Mr Malfoy, how late we are this Monday afternoon."

Draco forcefully pushed the door open to Potions, causing everyone to turn around as it slammed against the wall. I grimaced at the loud noise, still hiding behind him.

"Sorry Professor." Draco muttered back, holding a harsh stare with Snape.

The headmaster had insisted on maintaining his role until a suitable replacement could be found.

Normally Draco would have just stormed in and sat down late as ever, but for some reason he stayed fixed in his spot as the Professor continued to hold his stare on him.

The Headmaster stood on the opposite side of the classroom, frowning at the sight of Draco. He took slow steps back towards the front, coming to a stop when his eyes landed on me as I stood there sheepishly behind his body.

"And...Miss Grangewood?" I felt my cheeks flare up with embarrassment as he made his way towards us.

Snape suddenly slammed his book onto a pupil's table, causing everyone to jump.

"I didn't recall telling you all to stop working." His monotone voice was enough to frighten the class to dive their heads back into their books.

Though out of the corner of my eye I could see Hermione looking at me with a small frown, the seats empty next to her where Ron and Harry should be sitting. They hadn't showed up again.

He took a few more steps towards us until we were cornered by the door. Snape raised his brow as I still stood behind the blond haired boy, causing me to quickly step out and stand by his side.

"A Gryffindor and a Slytherin late to class together? Now this doesn't look good. I expect this won't be, a common occurrence?" Snape's harsh gaze landed on Draco, something strange being unsaid between them.

"No Professor." He muttered, staring down into the ground with his stone eyes.

"Good. Don't want to give people a reason to be suspicious of you two now do we?"

I shook my head as I stared down at the floor, embarrassed as ever.

"Take your seats." The headmaster mumbled harshly, taking a step back for me and Draco to leave our solemnly spot.

I kept my head down as I followed behind him, gulping as Draco stopped at the table of Slytherins.
Pansy and Blaise sat together on one desk with Crabbe and Goyle infront on another.

Before I could object Draco grabbed onto the back of my robe, gesturing to the desk in front of him.

"Sit here." He muttered, taking a seat on the inside seat of the desk nearest Blaise. I gulped, straightening my skirt as I sat down beside him, still feeling my cheeks were bright red with embarrassment.

I grabbed my books out of my bag, placing them down on the table. Draco's large hand suddenly landed on top of the hard cover of my potions book, causing me to look up with him in anticipation.

"Mind if we share?" He asked lowly, retaining eye contact with me.

"Not at all." I whispered back, his eyes having a hold on me like no other.

With my heart still racing I turned back to my bag, grabbing the rest of my things. It was then I noticed Draco didn't have his bag with him. How strange?

I quickly brushed it off, handing him some parchment and a spare quill. He muttered his thanks before beginning to take notes on what the Professor was saying.

"Now if you take a look at the potion in front of you- do not remove the lid, Smith. You will find this is a Reversed Recollection potion. Can anyone tell me what it does?" Snape's voice filled the classroom, his dark figure looming over the students.