5.3

*please please please play this in the background whilst you read🥺 my only request x

_________

"Draco?" His name barely whispered from my lips as I forced myself to my feet, my eyes darting around as I desperately tried to find him.

My bloodied fingers gripped onto the abrasive castle walls as I stumbled after the crimson trail, finding myself on the dewy grass of the lakes' hillside,

A small grunt came from up ahead and I quickly picked up the pace, but when that familiar head of blond came into view, I could've swore a part of my soul died right there and then.

A piece of me had been missing ever since.

His feet were weakly tripping over one another as he slowly stumbled down the hill and towards the lake, his body only stopping when I had managed to call out his name.

He paused for a moment, his back still facing me as his head dropped, his back muscles constricting as he took shallow breaths.

The deep shade of red continued to burn into the dew of the morning grass, leading right up to where he stood, beginning to pool around his feet.

"Draco?" I weakly called out again, watching as he ever so slowly turned his body around to face me.

"Ivy?" His voice was broken and small, his finger tips hovering over his chest as they trembled violently. My heart dropped as my eyes focused on what lay beneath his hands, a knife driven deep into him.

Tears were spilling down his cheeks, his lip trembling as he looked down at where the handle was settled against his sternum.

His knees suddenly began to shake, and I bolted towards him as fast as I could, catching him with a cry as he fell backwards into me.

I couldn't handle the weight of his body, and so we both fell back against the grass with a groan, his body resting between my legs as his hands shook.

"Oh God!" I cried out, staring down at the sharp knife that was impaled so deeply in the centre of his chest. "What do I do, Draco? Fuck, fuck, fuck, HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US! PLEASE! ANYONE!!"

He quickly grasped onto my wrists, shushing me as I began to hyperventilate, my body shaking against his as I sobbed.

"Ivy it...it's a venom coated blade...it's okay."

I rapidly shook my head with a low moan, feeling my whole chest crumple inwards at his words. He smiled gently at me, his eyes tenderly roaming mine as slow tears began to leak down his paling cheeks.

"No, no there must be something we can do! M-Madame Pomfrey or-or Hermione must-"

He reached for my hand, grabbing it and holding it tightly in his own as he traced gentle circles against my skin.

"Sh, sh, darling it's okay. It's okay."

This agony was heart wrenching, tearing through my entire being at the sight happening right before me. This couldn't be real. It couldn't be real. It was just a dream - a nightmare - I needed to wake up. I had to wake up.