1.7

My heart pounded as I walked to my lesson the following day, having managed to avoid to situation until Charms came around in the afternoon. At least this was the last lesson.

As I made my way down the corridor, death eaters hung about in the hallway, watching for a single hair that was even out of line.

Footsteps quickened behind me, causing me to turn back a little at the sound.

"You still good?" Blaise. He checked around him as his pace slowed to match mine, pulling at the strap of his bag.

I sighed, keeping my head down as we walked.

"I guess so." A low mumble passed my lips as we turned the corner, drawing closer to the classroom.

"Sit next to me. Pansy's off sick, which is just my fucking luck, so there'll be a spare seat."

I felt nauseated at the thought of it. I hadn't spoken to Draco in over three weeks, and I was supposed to just sit there with his eyes burning into me?

After a few moments we stepped into the dark room, making our way to the back of the classroom as we sat down. This didn't feel right. I felt awfully uncomfortable.

"Chill out will you? You look like you've seen you a ghost." Blaise uttered under his breath as he shoved his elbow against me, sighing as I twiddled my quill nervously between my fingers.

"Blaise this feels fucking wrong." I mumbled, tapping my fingers anxiously against my book as I watched more and more students fill the room, waiting to spot that familiar head of blond.

"For fuck's sake Ivy what did I tell you? If anything you're doing him good. If you're gonna draw him out of this giant fucking mood swing without pushing him away, you've got to pull him in. And I thought you were smart."

A few more minutes passed and the lesson had started. But Draco hadn't arrived.

Professor Flitwick closed the door with a flick of his wand, turning to the front as he began to write the names of different healing charms on the board.

It was sad really, that the students were having to learn this in order to help one another. To fend for ourselves in this dark time.

"Now, vulnera sanentur is what you need to use to reverse the flow of blood of deep wounds. It's extremely important you continue to repeat the spell as you hold your wand over-"

The door slowly opened, a familiar tall student quietly stepping inside. Almost as if he didn't want to be noticed.

"Sorry I'm late." He muttered harshly under his breath, his eyes tearing away from the floor as he looked up to find his seat.

Our eyes met for the first time in weeks. I gasped a little at the sight of him. Deep purple bags hung under his eyes, his skin ghastly pale to the point he looked sick. His lips were a sickly shade of pale pink, the colour completely drained from his hollow cheeks. He looked horrific. Worse than I'd ever seen.

"You can take your seat Mr.Malfoy." Flitwick's words seemed to snap us both back to reality, Draco clearing his throat and nodding as he walked over to his lonely desk besides Blaise, my eyes tearing away from him.

The professor continued to run over a few more different charms before pausing with a sigh.

"You can work in small groups or partners to practise on each other. I'm sure there's more than a few of you that could do with some practise."

The conversation slowly and quietly filled out the room as students began to roll up their sleeves and place their wands on one another. It was an awful sight.