2.5

Before I knew it the day had come and gone.

The weekend spent with Ginny, Neville and Luna had actually managed to boost my mood a little. Luna had prepared a picnic for us in the forest accompanied by plenty of warming charms to fight against the winter weather.

Though it wasn't quite the same as it was in previous years, it was nice to have a distraction from my worries.

Ginny told us of the pranks Fred and George had been playing on their parents whilst they stayed at the burrow, which only made me miss their crazy antics more.

We had agreed to meet McGonagall by the back entrance to the Room of Requirement, which lead directly into the new defence room.

Our last lesson for the day was DADA, so we all waited to meet Ginny outside of Herbology before we headed off for our extra lesson.

"Oh, I don't know why but I'm so excited!" Luna gushed with a spring in her step as we made our way down the halls.

"Excited? Well that's one word for it." Neville breathed out as we neared the appearing doorway.

We checked around to see that no one was watching before we entered, briskly dropping our bags to the side and removing our robes.

The room was silent, no sound coming from the common room. Guess that meant they wouldn't be able to hear us either.

"Huh, it's exactly the same as I remember it." Ginny mumbled, slowly pacing around the edge of the room.

I followed her, my heart stopping when I saw the rusted mirror from all those years ago. Cedric's picture was still stuck to the top of it, his courageous face smiling down at us.

My hand rested on Ginny's shoulder as we both took it in, reliving that moment of when Harry returned back with Cedric's body.

"Are we late?" I turned back as Seamus, Dean and Lavender crept through the door, looking around to see if McGonagall was in the room.

"Yes, but the Professor isn't here yet." Neville began to roll his sleeves up as they began to put their bags down next to ours.

"Oh thank fuck for that. 'Was worried for a moment there that we were about to be-"

"To be what, Mr Finnegan?"

Seamus suddenly froze as McGonagall walked into the room, shutting the door behind her. He slowly turned around, but before he could offer a response the Professor briskly made her way to the centre of the room.

Dean sniggered, causing Seamus to elbow him with a mumbled 'twat' as they walked over to the rest of us, Luna standing with Lavender and me with Ginny.

"So, I assume you're all aware of why I've called you here?" Her knowledgable eyes scattered across ours, her hands clasped in-front of her.

"To beat the shit out of those death eaters." Seamus nodded with a grin, but let it fall when he noticed the glare Mcgonagall was sending him.

"You know I don't like foul language Finnegan, but yes. I'm preparing you all for war."

She quickly moved her wand through the air, conjuring a mechanical death eater.

"I know a few of you were apart of Dumbledore's Army previously and Potter taught you a few spells himself. I'll heavily encourage you to continue practising those and helping the others too, but I'll be teaching you some new ones this time. A firmer approach is needed."

"Today, we will work on pushing your enemies back. We're here to battle, not to necessarily kill. If you can render the death eaters unconscious, you'll have a lot less torment on your mind after the battle is over. To take someone's life, no matter how evil, is a decision that you will suffer the consequences of forever. If I am to teach you all how to defend yourselves in battle, you must all promise me that no matter what happens, you will not use any of the unforgivable curses. Do I make myself perfectly clear?"