4.0

"You okay?" Fred mumbled over the top of my head as his body closed in from behind me.

A battered wooden door faced us, surrounded by poison ivy crawling up and around the structure of the building. The wind viciously whistled through the cracks and splinters of door, fading throughout the broken house.

"Yeah." I lied, swallowing the harsh lump in my throat as I tightened my protective cloak and fisted my wand.

"Okay. Let's do this." He squeezed my hand tightly in his before casting an unspoken spell on the door.

It slowly creaked open, revealing a narrow and dark hallway that lead throughout the building. I quickly outstretched my wand as a door at the bottom of the hallway slowly opened up too, my heart pounding away.

"It's just Gin and Neville." Fred whispered as he grabbed onto my forearm, before taking a deep breath and heading into the hallway.

"Detectoor." He hissed out quickly with a quick flick of his wand, sending a pale blue wave across the hall all the way to the feet of our friends.

He hummed quietly in satisfaction before nodding for me to follow him in, holding my breath as I did so.

Don't be scared.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, feeling a cold sweat at the back of my neck as we headed in.

"Take the left wall." Fred pushed himself up against the side of the corridor and I squeezed into the spot in-front of him, our heaving chests touching every time we breathed in.

I looked over to see Ginny and Neville had taken the same position, peering around the corner and into the open space either side of us.

Neville nodded at me, and I nodded back, agreeing that both of us would take the left room whilst Gin and Fred checked the right.

The cramped space was almost suffocating, the old paintings looming over us.

I held my breath as we all jumped out into the rooms, yelling defensive charms to stun any death eaters that were in there.

My duelling arm was shaking as I rapidly scanned the living room in the darkness, only dust particles floating around the abandoned house.

"Empty?" Ginny breathed out from behind us, examining the worn down rooms.

We all quickly turned around, drawing our wands as the sound of quiet footsteps filled the eerie silence.

"It's just us, it's just us!" George and Luna crept into the open space, hands upright in defence.

"Surely this isn't right. Fred, are you sure this is the right place?" Neville whispered, eyes warily scanning the room.

"It's the right place. You saw the forcefields from the attic, we couldn't apparate." Fred muttered back, pushing his hand through his hair.

"The attic." Luna breathed out, turning her head up to the ceiling as a small creak sounded from above.

We all quickly drew our wands, pointing them upwards as we backed away from our tightly knit circle.

I looked around, wetting my lips as my eyes landed on a battered staircase.

I grabbed onto George's arm, shaking it as I took careful steps towards it. Half of the steps were missing, but it was just about climbable.

"There's a charm on the latch." Neville muttered from behind me, drawing everyone's attention to the small door that opened up into the roof room.

"It's dark magic. You're not going to be able to open it without blowing it to-"