1.4

My whole world seemed to have turned entirely upside down since that afternoon.

It no longer seemed possible to shut out Draco without hurting myself with the same outcome either way. The very thought of it caused a dull ache to form in my chest depths of my chest.

It seemed there was no staying away from one another. After that night in his room, I think it was apparent both of us wanted something together, craved something together.

Besides, the images we saw in potions didn't exactly help our situation. But still, there were days when he was distant and days where he was close.

I hadn't seen him for the rest of the week since Tuesday, which was okay, but at the same time it wasn't. I couldn't expect him to come knocking for me or ask someone how I was, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't staring at my window every night waiting for a letter to come through.

My body felt almost completely healed now, with just a few aches here and there. But there was a large purple bruise on the top left of my forehead and a healing cut where I'd apparently hit my head on a table.

Just my luck.

I still couldn't remember what happened and I didn't think I would as I'd hit my head pretty bad, concussed from the event. Shockingly, Luna had said that no-one was actually talking about what happened. I was sure that it would have been spreading round the school about the embarrassment of that afternoon, but apparently it was just a spell gone wrong, as Neville had said.

I sat in the common room at 2am that Saturday night, hugging my knees close to my chest as I stared into the orange glowing fire.

In the midst of it all I had completely forgotten Hermione's request...or so I told myself.

Everyone was attempting to get some sleep before they left tonight, but I could hear the sound of pacing in the dorms and the quiet mumble of conversation. Hermione was frantically in and out of our dorm, lost in her own world as she made sure everyone was aware of the plan and had everything packed. I couldn't just sit there, helpless through the chaos, so I moved to the common room.

Neville was still fast asleep apparently, but then again he always was a heavy sleeper. All the boys were gathered in their dorm as they went over tonight's happenings and the plan. It was all very tiring.

A sigh escaped my lips as I felt my eyes sluggishly open and close against the heat. I hadn't been able to sleep for a single moment tonight, my heart racing every time I tried to close my eyes. Change was coming, and I wasn't ready. I didn't think I ever would be.

I was suddenly startled by a quiet knock at the main door. Shit. Had someone found out about the plan?

I swallowed hard as I drew my wand out, clutching it as I slowly stood up and made my way to the door.

Carefully, I pulled it open ever so slightly, the creaks of the old hinges filling the fearful silence.

A hand suddenly wrapped around the frame of the door causing me to shove my wand at the intruder as I fought off a squeal.

"Bloody hell Ivy!" The door was pushed open as the person stumbled back, coughing and clutching at their throat. Malfoy.

"Oh shit, sorry I'm so sorry!" I whispered, holding onto his arm as he regained himself.

"I think a spell would've done less damage than shoving that into my fucking throat!" He spoke back in a hushed tone, rubbing at his neck as he grimaced.

"Sorry-I'm so bloody sorry I thought you were-...well I don't know who I thought you were but I'm glad it's you and not, well you know." Once I'd finished my rambling Draco cleared his throat, looking past me and into the common room.