5.2

What happened in those next few hours never did become completely clear to me, even when I managed to gather the courage to relive my nightmares in the strenuous years following the war.

Hermione and Ron stared distantly into the castle, explaining through sobs and cries that after they had found him, Harry had decided it was his responsibility to go to the Forbidden Forest to give his life up for the war, in an attempt to save us all.

Draco and I had sat with Neville and Luna, holding onto one another as lover's do, whilst we discussed strategies and plans for the final battle for the worst outcome if Harry wouldn't be able to return.

He had this strange tenseness about him, speaking in a strict tone of voice that wasn't familiar to me. A voice that bled with command and authority, completely opposing the gentle vulnerability I'd become accustomed to under our shared bed sheets of bliss.

But now, now that Draco had alerted us of the Dark Lord's impending return, the adrenaline and fear began to rush through our veins once again.

The calm before the hurricane was over, and the great whirlwind of destruction and heartbreak was drawing closer by the minute.

We all quickly stood up as the alarm bells were raised, students and staff scurrying about the hall as those who were fit to fight followed the teachers out to the front of the castle for the final battle.

The blond haired boy beside me nodded to Professor McGonagall as she approached him, turning around so she could bind his hands behind his back as discussed.

His pale blue eyes stared at me whilst the magic wrapped around his wrists, the crimson blood still stained against his ivory skin from Ron's previous outburst of anger.

I stared down at my hands, chewing on my already bruised lip as a thousand thoughts raised around my mind, every previous thought of dying in battle having been hindered by the small light that was growing inside of me.

Given the current climate, the concept of what was actually happened at the lake hadn't fully blown into proportion yet, and I knew that if I pondered on it for too long then I'd be in no fit state to battle.

"Ivy?"

The sound of Draco's melodic voice calling my name caused me to snap out of whatever trance I was in, looking up to find his curious and knowing eyes boring into mine.

"It's gonna be okay." His jaw clenched as he attempted a weak smile, his eyes flickering over my features adoringly.

I wish he would've been right.

I released a shuddered breath, stepping forward and wrapping my arms around his neck, burying my face into his shoulder like I'd never hold him again.

He hummed gently in response, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck and placing delicate kisses against my skin.

"I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

Eventually I let go as McGonagall ushered for us to make our way out of the castle, stepping back and holding onto Luna's arm as I watched her lead him out.

The trio of Neville, Luna and I held onto one another as we walked out into the dark night outside, coming to a stop with the other students amongst the rubble.

Ron and Hermione stood at the front of the group with the Professor at their side, Draco on his knees between them all.

I clung tightly onto Luna, holding my breath as Neville stepped aside and continued down the steps, ending up just behind Draco.

Tears stung at my eyes as I looked up at the sky, none of our constellations in sight as a great storm of clouds hung low overhead, blocking out the late sky.