1.3

"Grangewood!" My name was hollered across the classroom as students took their seats in the dark and dingy room for the second to last lesson of the day.

I looked over to see Blaise grinning and snapping his fingers in the air, Draco besides him with his head on the table on folded arms. They sat in the very back corner, virtually no light touching them.

I cleared my throat, embarrassed, walking over like a dog to a whistle.

"Yes?" I mumbled, feeling my face redden with embarrassment.

"Sit here." Blaise flashed his teeth as he pulled the seat out next to him.

Draco and him had their own large desk to themselves which could otherwise fit 6 people around, but it tended to be the unspoken rule to not sit near Malfoy unless asked to. People found him daunting, which didn't surprise me in the slightest.
I did to begin with.

"Um, okay." The words lowly passed my lips as I sat down, neatly arranging my books and quill as the rest of the students took their seats.

"So!" Carrow bellowed out, causing the whole room to jump.

I clutched my chest, taking a few deep breaths to get over myself for a moment. For fucksake.

"Boggarts." He grinned menacingly, looking up and down the rows of students as he stood at the front, matching Snape in his attire.

"This'll be fun," Blaise whispered in my ear before leaning back in his seat, looking across at Draco.

He stared harshly into his defence book, stabbing the front with the end of his quill with an angered look to his eyes.

"Line up!" Carrow snapped, suddenly turning around and heading over to the large cupboard that stood at the front of the classroom.

Everyone began to mumble, begrudgingly standing to their feet. Blaise was wrong, this was going to be far from fun.

"I'm not fucking doing that shit." Draco spat harshly at Blaise, his lip curling in anger.

I turned back around to see they were in a quiet argument, Draco's whole body tensed as his cold eyes glared at Blaise.

"We're at the back anyway so we probably won't even get to do it as someone'll pass out." Blaise rolled his eyes in annoyance, crossing his arms at Draco's stubbornness.

There were a few students that trailed at the very back, but Draco stood behind me with Blaise behind him, watching the madness unfold.

"Are you not gonna teach us the spell?" A mouthy Slytherin girl scoffed at Carrow, her hands on her hips as she stood at the front of the line.

"Riddikulus should do the trick. Or not." The 'professor' shrugged, flicking his wand at the cupboard whilst holding his glare on the girl.

"Let's find out your fears then, shall we?"

The door quickly unlocked, a moments hesitation lingering in the air. In an instant the whole room cascaded into pitch black, students gasping and muttering amongst one another amid the commotion.

A few whimpers could be heard from the front before the girl yelled out the spell, the ceiling suddenly exploding with stars that lit the room with a wonderful light.

"Fear of the dark? At 18?" Carrow rolled his eyes, muttering as the girl kept her head low as she sulked to the back of the room.

The students came and went, snakes, clowns, death and even dementors filling the room.

Before I knew it, it was my turn. I seemed glued to my spot for a moment, unable to move, unable to speak. I didn't know what my biggest fear was, but it didn't mean I wasn't scared to find out.