3.9

"Good morning sunshine!"

I groaned, turning my head away from the person that hung above me who'd awoken me so rudely.

"Fuck off." A low grumble passed my lips, the darkness of the night still filling my eyelids.

"Is she always this ratty in the morning?"

"No, but then again I don't suppose she's normally woken up at 3am. Quite a mysterious time, 3am." Luna's quiet voice filled my ears, causing me to slowly open my eyes.

Beside her stood a face I didn't recognise initially...ginger hair, lean figure, cheeky smile-

"Fred!" I quickly jumped up, pulling him down with me into a hug.

"Bloody hell, 'bout winded me." He choked out with a small laugh, his large hand resting on the small of my back. "And it's George."

"Oh shut up-Merlin, don't leave for that long ever again." I clung to his shoulders, actually having found myself missing their childish teasing which had wound me up no end.

"I know you've missed my sexy face, but let's try and not wake the whole room up. Wouldn't make it a secret mission if everyone knew now, would it?"

I pulled back, grinning at his smug face and ruffling his short hair before I pushed myself to my feet.

The entrance to the common room was glowing faintly from the lit fire, Neville's and Ginny's beds empty too.

The rest of the room was still fast asleep, Luna standing like me in her pyjamas whilst Fred lead the way to the others in a hoodie and jeans.

"I like what you've done with the place, Neville, real nice. Spruced it up with some mistletoe too you saucy bugger."

Neville rolled his eyes with a smile at Fred's goading, nodding for him to close the door shut behind us.

"'Think it's missing something still, a bit of ginger maybe?"

I smiled back at him, joining the others on the sofa as he cast a silencing and locking charm on the doorway.

"Slumber party anyone?" Fred sighed with a grin as he settled himself down on one of the arm chairs, looking at us all in our pyjamas. "I'm liking the pink, Gin. Makes you vaguely resemble an actual girl."

"Oh shut it and get on with it." Ginny crossed her arms as she sent her brother a death stare.

"Four months and this is how I'm greeted, awful isn't it?" He leant forward on his elbows with a coy smile before he threw down a large map on the coffee table.

"Right." He cleared his throat as he grabbed three chess pieces from the nearby board, neatly placing them above a green forest.

"The king is me and Ivy, the knight is Luna and George, and the bishop is Gin and Neville. Three teams of two, we stick together. Stick to your man." He spoke the last part in a deep voice, moving his body stiffly like he was mocking a movie quote.

Ginny raised a brow at him, but he shrugged her off with a lazy grin.

"There's a small house in the back of the woods, here." He pointed to a little grey square on the map.

"The Order thought it was a 'safe house', so to speak, inhabited by some of the Dark Lord's followers. 'Suspected they were guarding a horcrux. The mission was all planned, yada yada, shit happened, bigger priorities. Luckily there were two eager eared, incredibly handsome twins nearby to get the details of the plans."

He wiggled his eyebrows at us, earning a few scoffs and playful eye rolls.

"Anyway, there's four entrances. The front door is too obvious and exposed, so we move like so-"