2.0

The next morning came around soon enough, the rising sun glaring through the windows of the Great Hall.

I sat besides Neville and Luna for breakfast, the houses all mixing apart from Slytherin.

Subconsciously, my mind was watching the grand doors the whole time, waiting for that familiar head of blond to pass through.

"Will you pass me the pancakes Ivy?"

Luna broke me out of my trance, a small smile on her face as she leaned into my slightly.

I reached over and grabbed the plate, handing it over to her.

"Day dreaming this morning?" She asked softly, beginning to pick apart at her breakfast.

"Yeah I guess." I breathed out, resting my head in my hand as I stared down into the table.

"Late night's don't help, I imagine."

I felt a small blush rise to my cheeks at her words, having returned last night way past twelve. Me and Draco sat for hours under the stars, holding one another and wishing the moment would never end.

"Apparently Ginny's coming back."

We both looked up at Neville as he returned from speaking to the others, shuffling back onto the bench.

"What?" I frowned at him, not completely understanding what he'd said.

"Because she's still sixteen the Ministry are insisting she has to come back to Hogwarts. Her dad's had a full enquiry about it."

I began to chew on my lip, not wanting for her to go through the suffering we were currently enduring.

"Ron's missing as far as they're concerned and Fred and George technically don't have to come back now they're eighteen. So it'll be just Ginny on her own."

A lot had changed since she was last here.

"Do you know when she's coming back Neville?" Luna asked, taking a sip of her juice.

"Soon I would imagine." He shook his head, beginning to cut apart his food.

"Harry probably doesn't know..." I trailed off, twisting my mouth as I stared into the swirling liquid of my coffee.

"I don't see how he could. But I imagine it's best that way." Neville's eyes traced my face as he ate, looking between me and Luna.

"McGonagall said you've moved into our Defence class now?"

Luna's eyes quickly found mine, a gleeful expression lighting up her bruised face.

"Really? Oh that's wonderful! I've always wanted to have a class with the three of us together."

I nodded, faking a smile back at her.

"Yeah, I'm not really sure why they transferred me but I'm thankful for it. Carrow was a bastard." Now I wasn't lying about the last part, but I couldn't say the same for the contrary.

After around half an hour of chatting and eating, students began to make their way to lessons as the clock drew nearer to nine.

"We should probably get going." Neville huffed, standing up and slinging his bag over his shoulder.

Draco still hadn't arrived.

I rose with Luna, frowning as I couldn't understand where he was. He told me he went back to his dorm last night, so surely he should have been here?

I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something wasn't right.

As we made our way out the Great Hall, my eyes caught onto Blaise who split off from Pansy and Theo as he headed towards his lesson.