1.8

My eyes suddenly shot open as the realisation hit me that I'd been in a deep slumber for some time.

The jolt of my body caused Draco to grumble, a sigh passing his lips as he nestled his cheek into the top of my head.

His room was completely black now, any hint of the afternoon sun that pierced in the room before having faded with the rise of the moon.

I carefully shifted my arm from beneath me, pushing myself up so I hovered above him, my other hand still resting comfortably against his sternum.

His chest was rising and falling gently with the sweet sound of slumber, his head resting sideways against the pillows where I once lay.

His brow was furrowed slightly at the loss of heat from his body, his pale lips barely parted. A delicate hue of a purple butterfly's wing rested below his eyes as it seemed he had finally been able to rest for the first time in weeks.

My fingers carefully traced over the crisp white of his shirt, feeling the heat of his heart against my finger tips.

He looked so peaceful. Like all the torment that existed in his mind was never present in the first place.

"Draco?" I mumbled quietly, brushing a loose strand of blonde out of his eyes as I admired his beauty.

He frowned in response, stirring slightly but not coming to.

"Draco?" I whispered again, stroking his cheek with the pad of my thumb as his eyes began to flutter slightly.

"What time is it?" His voice was a low grumble, a deep sigh passing through his lungs as he began to wake.

"Well the moon and the stars are out, so I imagine it's pretty late."

He groaned in response, lifting one of his arms onto his chest.

"Check my watch." I smiled at his laziness, gently wrapping my fingers around his wrist as I turned it slightly.

9:17pm

"Shit."

His eyes slowly opened at my words, sleepily looking over at his watch as he moved his wrist in front of his face.

"Oh fuck." He let his wrist fall back onto his forehead, a deep groan escaping him at the realisation of how late it was. For seven hours we had been completely passed out in the hold of each other's arms.

"Exactly my thoughts." I mumbled, shifting onto the edge of the bed as I began to search for my discarded shoes.

"It's past curfew so we're going to have to try and sneak-"

"I'll apparate us, it'll be fine." Draco carefully stretched himself out against the covers, sighing as he propped himself up on his elbows.

"And Neville's probably kicking up the-"

"Tell him you were at the Astronomy Tower and lost track of time."

I paused, stopping what I was doing as I felt a questionable look rise on my face. But before I could even ask, he answered the question for me.

"I saw you go up there a few times. Figured Neville's heard that explanation once or twice."

So he had been watching me.
There were times when I found the company of the common room suffocating and managed to sneak myself up to the tower some nights, sitting and waiting for that familiar head of blonde to make his way up the stairs. But he never came.

"And besides-You've been up there well past 9pm before. I'm sure he'll live."

I paused, turning back to him as the smallest of smiles appeared on his lips at the sight of me in his sweatshirt. His icy blond hair was tussled on his head, the moonlight revealing the different shades of blond.