1.5

"What's happening Draco?" I whispered, staring at the cold wooden floor as I inhaled his scent.

"I'm keeping you safe." He mumbled back in response, feeling his adam's apple rise and fall against my head.

The sensation of holding him close to me, and his arms wrapped around me was like no other. Our hearts beat together as one, feeling completely secure in his grasp.

"But why?" I slowly pulled my head back, looking into those tormented blue eyes as he struggled to form an answer. I was asking him two questions, and he didn't know whether or which one to answer.

He just shook his head, sighing as he let go of me. His feet led him over to the window,  his hand resting on the ledge as he looked into the night.

"They'll be here soon." He muttered, and I wasn't sure if he intended for me to hear.

A thousand emotions and thoughts overwhelmed me, and all I wanted to do was disappear into nothingness. I made my way around the other side of his bed, sitting down against the head board and pulling my knees to my chest.

"What's going to happen?" I asked quietly, staring ahead into empty space.

Again, Draco didn't respond, instead sitting besides me with his legs spread as he rested his elbows on his knees, our shoulders barely touching.

"Whatever happens," He mumbled, staring at his fingers as he played with his rings. "Promise me you won't leave this room."

I didn't say anything, biting my lip as I tried to stop the tears from running.

His hand gently reached over, slowly turning my face towards him. The pad of his thumb gently brushed the tears away; his brows furrowing as his eyes began to trace the water colour bruises on my forehead, the blues and blacks running into each other like colliding rivers.

Ever so slowly he brought my lips to his, my eyes fluttering shut as he held onto me. I could feel the desperation through his chest as he delicately pulled away, resting our foreheads together.

He carefully pulled me onto his lap, examining my features as he held onto my waist. He was sitting upright, our chests touching as we continued to stare at one another, no words passing our lips.

He cupped my cheeks with both of his hands, our lips meeting again as our bodies warmth radiated onto each other. His lips lovingly moved against mine, feeling as if I'd never felt needed this way before. My hands gently rested on his shoulders, moving up to caress his neck.

I suddenly jumped as a loud bang sounded from somewhere within the castle, my eyes widening as I tried to look out of the window.

Again, Draco rested his fingers under my chin, turning my head back to him. His eyes hardened with emotion as he saw the torn expression on my face.

"Don't." He wrapped his arms around me, holding me against his chest as my heart beat faster and faster in anticipation. I stared into the back of his headboard with my chin resting against the crook of his neck, and I knew he could feel my racing heart against him.

There was a yell this time. I clutched tightly onto his shoulders, feeling every inch of me fighting against the urge to go and help. Draco continued to try and calm me down as he felt my body begin to tremble against him.

It was the scream that did it for me.

I suddenly bolted up, causing Draco to clutch my hands as I desperately pried myself away from him, eventually managing to get my feet onto the floor.

"Ivy- Ivy don't do this-" His voice began to break as he desperately pleaded with me, looking for his wand as he tugged on my hands.

"No, no Draco this isn't fair I have to help-" I suddenly stumbled back as Draco lost his grip, causing him to rapidly try to stand up as I took a few steps back towards the door.