2.8

The world seem to cave in around me as I shut the door.

It felt strange, like I wanted to be here but at the same time that something was missing. That someone being Draco.

The alcohol was still circling my system, a warm fuzzy feeling pulsating through my veins.

My eyes danced across the room, flicking my wand to turn on the lights. His bed was perfectly made, not a single crease in any of the sheets. In fact, nothing was out of place. Almost as if no one lived here in the first place.

I frowned as I slowly walked towards the bed, looking around the room again.

It was sad how lifeless it was, nothing to distinguish his personality or likes within the room. It felt as if his whole being was based entirely on existence instead of living, a solitary singularity of life, passing through this continuum.

I rubbed the back of my hand against my forehead with a groan, sitting down against the sheets as the whiskey began to catch up on me.

With a sigh I shifted down towards the headboard, holding my knees against my chest. The fluffy pillows adjusted to my body, sinking beneath me.

Why hadn't Draco called back? Every night without fail he let me know he was alright, but there was still nothing.

I pressed my finger tips against his necklace again before casting a spell to check the time. 1:47am.

"Sweet Salazar Draco, what're you doing?" The words grumbled passed my lips as I stared ahead into the large front of his room, the smell of his cologne radiating from the sheets.

I shifted myself below his duvet, the familiar and comforting weight making my eyes feel heavy. As much as I wanted to give in to the call of slumber, there was that pain at the back of my head that something wasn't right.

And the fact that Snape and Blaise had further added to my growing worry about him didn't make it any easier on my mind either. Or that I had to face the inevitable conversation with him about helping out with the DA.

It was all becoming too much. I knew that returning to Hogwarts wasn't going to be easy, but the last thing I was expecting was a forbidden romance with the very enemy that was working for Voldemort. And worse yet, his now closest follower.

As I snuggled further into the quilt, something was prodding me from under the pillow. I mumbled under my breath as I reached under, trying to remove whatever object it was.

My fingers landed on a cold leather, causing my brow to furrow as I pulled it into my lap.

I slowly sat up, tracing my fingers over the black pressed dragon scale book. It was simple really, but all so elegant. My hand twisted the book in the moonlight, revealing 'D Malfoy' engraved into the leather.

An emerald green ribbon was tucked neatly out of the edge of the pages, my curiosity getting the better of me as I flicked through the book to get to it. Black ink decorated the pages as I went through, occurring to me that it was a diary of some sort.

Now I thought about it, it was no wonder he had to write his feelings down to himself. From what I gathered, he didn't trust anyone enough to befriend him, let alone hear his troubles.

I bit my lip as my eyes trailed over the slanted writing, fighting my moral consciousness whether to read or not.

Though as my eyes began to flicker down the page, it seemed I'd already made that decision.

||

December 1st, 1998

I knew this was coming, but I didn't think it would happen so quickly. What started as the leaves falling and beginning to decay at my feet, as everything else does, soon became the first snowfall. 

But Merlin, does she look lovely in the snow.

The way it turns the tip of her nose pink and the high of her cheeks rouge, how it falls into the wisps of her hair as she smiles up at me. It's nothing less than heaven.

But I can't think about that now. I mustn't. I can't break any further. I can't, I refuse to, I won't. There is no other way.

It pains me to go through this as much as it does to leave her here. She shouldn't have to suffer the same way I do now, she doesn't deserve it. If there's a star in the universe out there that's watching over me, please please look after her. She's too precious to hurt this way. I can't bear the thought of it.

I'll be thinking of you my darling Ivy, as if you don't consume my every waking second already. Please wait it out for me, I promise I'll be right back. Merlin, I love you.

- Draco L. Malfoy

||

Tears threatened to spill down my cheeks as I finished reading, letting the book fall down in my lap with a sigh.

Draco...

There was nothing more I wanted to do than hold him in my arms and tell him it would all be okay, I prayed it would be okay. Please let him be okay. I can't take another heartbreak.

A warm feeling suddenly surged through my chest, causing me to look down. My eyes widened.

It suddenly occurred that as I was reading, my thumb had been subconsciously fingering over the pendant, causing it to glow brightly in my grasp.

'If you tap it a few times it let's me know you're in trouble and I'll do my best to apparate back as soon as I can.'

"Oh shit, oh no - no - no-" I quickly shoved the book back under the pillow, gripping the necklace in my palm as I stared frantically down at the brightening colours.

"Please stop - fuck - shit - how do I turn this shit off?!" I frantically climbed off of the bed, searching for my wand in hope that it might be able to stop the signal.

"Oh shit, please, please just stop glowing, I didn't mean to send that, I'm okay, I'm fine, oh shit please just-"

That familiar crack of apparition filled my ears.

I slowly turned back around to face the door, my heart pounding as my eyes laid eyed on him.

Draco Malfoy.

___

sorry it's a much shorter chapter than usual x

I wanted to keep the smut separate from the cute diary entry hehe

Next chapter will be out shortly ! x