4.1

"-And to go behind my back-The Order's back-Mr.Longbottom, I expected better of you."

"I know-"

"And of all people, the Weasley twins? I thought it was pretty obvious that their nonsensical antics laid far beyond that of the academic world. You followed two brainless babbling baboons into a battle, Mr Longbottom."

"We didn't-"

"I trusted you, I trusted all of you to have some common sense in all this, and you throw it back at me like that? How am I meant to regain that trust in you all? Do I even have a choice?"

"I don't-"

"I can't express how disappointed, frustrated, hurt-hurt I am that you would use the spells I'd been teaching you all to throw yourselves senselessly into a situation like that! I can't exactly stop training you though can I? But I'll tell you this-there will be no more secrecy. No more, do you understand? Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a meeting with Snape to discuss your punishments."

"I'm sorry, Professor."

"You better be."

Footsteps slowly began to fade out, sensing only Neville standing at the foot of my bed.

"You know, next time if you could not fake sleep to help me from not getting an utter bollocking, I would really appreciate it."

I slowly opened my eyes, smiling at Neville through the dull throb that was beginning to ache in my head. His shoulders were tiredly hunched over, his exposed forearms arms bandaged up. As my eyes began to adapt to the surroundings, I noticed the familiar sterile white of the hospital ward, but the other beds were empty.

"Good morning to you too." The words stung in my throat as Neville sat down on the side of my bed, taking his hand in mine.

"How you feeling?" He asked gently, the skin by the side of his eye cut and burnt.

"Well, does it look as bad as it hurts?" I grimaced as my ribs and throat ached when I took a deep breath, my whole body in pain.

"Do you want the truth?" He smiled back gently, shaking his head as he brought our interlocked hands up to his chest.

I closed my eyes, leaning my head back against the pillows as I breathed out.

"No, probably not. How are the others?"

A pause.

"Uh they-"

"You hesitated."

"No, no I didn't I was just...thinking."

"So how are they?"

He paused again.

My eyes suddenly shot open and I bolted up right, but Neville grabbed onto my shoulders, willing me back down to rest.

"Neville Longbottom you tell me the truth right now or I will-"

"Hey - hey - hey, calm down. They're okay, they're okay, I'll tell you everything if you just rest."

I held my breath, settling back down against the cold sheets, hearing the heart monitor rapidly beeping away.

"No lying." I muttered, my brow furrowing as he began to rub his hand over his leg.

"Ginny's fine. She portkeyed out with Fred, and they didn't have many injuries. George portkeyed out with us, I found you in the forest and managed to carry you to the border and then we got out. The whole place was on fire, I was so scared I'd lost you." He shook his head, his eyes refusing to meet mine.