4.4

"Alright everyone, that'll do you for today."

McGonagall's voice bellowed throughout the room, causing everyone to sigh with relief as they let their aching wand arms fall.

The training was getting more vigorous and longer by the day, preparing us for the impending war that seemed to be looming over our heads like heavy storm clouds.

We all began to mumble our thanks as we headed back towards the corner of the room, grabbing a drink before we headed back into the common room.

"Oh, actually, I had a suggestion for you all."

I looked over at McGonagall as she began to conjure the practise dummies away, cleaning the room up in a few swift motions.

"I was thinking that after everything that's happened and is - well - is on the way, you could do with one last treat to remember Hogwarts fondly by."

My heart hurt a little at the idea of leaving this place, not actually having dawned on the notion for long that this was our last year.

"A small sort of 'Yule Ball', if you will."

Lavender's eyes lit up in a excitement, her hands clasping together in front of her.

"Really?" She gasped, grinning from ear to ear.

"Yes, Miss Brown. This weekend, I'm giving you permission to extend this room into your own ball. There should be some decorations left in storage from previous years, so be creative. Finest gowns and suits are required."

She let out a small squeal of pleasure, hopping from foot to foot as she clung onto Dean's arm to keep her steady.

"Oh, oh I've still got my ball gown in the old dorms!" A gleeful smile spread across her face before she quickly quietened down at McGonagall's raised brow.

"Anyhow, be sensible with it, don't draw attention and...enjoy your night."

As soon as she left the room Lavender grabbed Ginny's hand and ran with her back into the common room, practically exploding with the news that we were going to have a ball.

"Does that mean we need dates?" Seamus mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked between the squealing girls and Neville.

"Well I don't imagine it's a necessity." He muttered back, watching the girls begin to gossip and chatter around the common room.

I bit my lip, beginning to grow on the idea of a ball. Sure, maybe it would be nice to just forget about things, even if it was just for one night.

To be able to laugh and dance with my friends and just celebrate our lives together.

Except...I was still missing one of my best friends. My lovely Luna.

"I probably would have asked Luna if she were here." Neville breathed out, staring down at the floor with a small smile. "After all these bloody years I finally pluck up the courage, and yet she's not here to ask."

I looked over at him, stepping forward and taking him into my arms.

"I miss her too." I breathed out, holding him close to me as he wrapped his arms over my shoulders.
"Have you got anymore news about her?"

"Malfoy - he's still trying his best. She's in the manor with a few others, and he's asked one of the elves to take care of her and make sure she's alright. He's just waiting for the right moment to help her escape."

His loosened around me slightly, before he pulled back and looked down at me.

"Say...why don't you invite him to the ball?"