5.4

________

To my dearest, darling love,

If you're reading this, then it seems it's time for you to begin this great adventure of life on your own.

I can't begin to fathom how many times I've written and rewritten this letter - because I don't want this finality to become so...final.

If I could've spent eternity by your side, my love, I would've spent every second of my life loving you. But it seems that what we want and what we get are two entirely different continuum's.

You and I both know that, we knew it from the start. Those blasted stars never did give us a day off, now did they?

From the very beginning I knew my life was purposeless if I couldn't fill yours with the very joys of life in which you whole heartedly deserve. Just seeing that smile of yours for the first time caused my whole chest to swell with an overwhelming capacity of love for you, and I knew that from that moment on you would forever be engraved on my heart, Ivy Grangewood.

So with that, I also knew making sure you lived to see that last sunrise would also be my final purpose.

My heart can't begin to express the love I feel for you, the love I have felt for you. I love you. I love you. Merlin, I love you. Those three words are said too much, but never enough for us. And I wish I could've repeated that until it was engraved on your heart the same way it was mine.

And so I'll repeat it until it becomes a constellation amongst the greatest of stars if I have to.

I wished that the universe would have granted me more time to memorise and explore the pathways of your body, the rivers and streams that decorated your beautiful skin...but as we so painfully remind ourselves...the universe is never fair.

And knowing that I'll never get to see you again hurts more than the abundance of death itself. The knowing that I'll never get to see those beautiful eyes, those amazingly green eyes. The way the leaves of spring danced and swayed within them, existing so beautifully as the winter ice of mine often melted as they stared back in envy at any chance you'd give me to admire them.

But, alas, I've got to leave you now, the same way that the final autumn leaves succumb to the depths of winter. But Ivy, my love - my life, I'll always be with you. You'll never walk alone. That, I promise you.

And Draco Malfoy never breaks his promises.

So whenever you feel lost or down, just look for me. I'll be there. Every step of the way. Whether it's in the sweet of the summer breeze, or the gentle ripple of the waves, or in the eyes of another lover - my love will always be with you and yours to cherish.

Love again. Please, if you can grant me one last wish, it's to love again. You blessed me with the gift of your love, and I'll forever be grateful for the memories we so blissfully shared and cherished together.

You made this boy happier in eight months than he had been in his whole life, and any man who gets the privilege to feel as loved as I did has truly been blessed by whatever God is watching down upon us.

Please, don't mourn too long for me darling. I can't bear the thought of those sweet eyes crying if I can't comfort your tears away.

The sun rises in the same way the stars come out every night. Just because one disappears, does not mean it's gone forever ; It's just waiting for the next journey to begin.

I'll be waiting for you my love, but make sure you live out that wonderful life of yours first. Nothing you could do would ever make me less than proud to have been given the chance to call you mine.

To have been called yours.

Remember you are loved. Always.

I promise.

Forever and eternally yours,

Draco Lucius Malfoy.

_____

fin