3.4

When I walked through the door to last lesson, it wasn't exactly a pretty picture.

Draco sat on a desk by himself, Pansy and Blaise on the one adjacent to him.

His body was tense and rigid, tired eyes staring angrily into the table as Pansy leant across Blaise's body to try and get his attention.

Whatever she was saying was causing Blaise to roll his eyes and try and pry her back in her seat.

I made my way over, placing my bag down next to Draco.

"Hey Ivy." Blaise offered me a smile as Draco didn't acknowledge me, glaring at his fidgeting hands.

"Hey." I mumbled back quietly, shuffling down into my seat as I pulled my wand out onto the desk.

I felt Pansy's eyes on me for a moment or so, but she decided against her usual berating now that Draco was back, sliding back into her seat with a scowl as Flitwick began to teach us more healing charms.

"You okay?" I whispered quietly as I turned to Draco, my eyes glancing up and down his face.

He nodded back in response, his jaw stiffening as he stretched out on his seat, his legs outstretched and crossing over as he did so.

I chewed on my lip, shifting my gaze to the table as he avoided looking back at me. Something was playing on his mind, he had that look in his eye like he was about to cause havoc.

After a moment or so he shuffled slightly, moving his hand below the desk to rest on my thigh, his thumb gently caressing the inside of my leg just above my knee.

We sat like that as the Professor continued to show us the wand movement, his hand causing my skin to heat up by the time we were told to practise.

He sighed, reaching into the band of his trousers as he pulled out his wand, his palm leaving a cold spot once he retracted his grasp.

"Have you got anymore bruises?" His voice lowly asked as he shifted his body towards me to shut us off from everyone else, creating an intimate space. I felt his eyes lower slightly to the concealed marks on my neck before they dropped in shame to my lap.

"Uh, yeah just the one." I mumbled back, smiling down timidly as Draco took my fingers between his, using his thumb to gently brush over them.

"Well, at least it's an improvement from last time." He tried to raise the mood through his clearly frustrated spirits, but there was no hint of amusement or contentment on his features.

"Where is it?" He asked gently, his eyes scanning over my body.

"Er it's just above my hip, I don't know if it'll be easier to heal it later when we're-"

His hand carefully bunched up my shirt, holding my skirt in place against my hip as he untucked it from the waist band to reveal my skin.

I looked around shyly, worried someone might see.

"It's okay, my body's hiding yours." Draco mumbled back in response, using his wand to hold my shirt up as he wiggled my skirt down a bit further to reveal the full bruise. "No one else but me gets to see your skin."