"Chances" Fred x reader

You were always seen as the scary and intimidating girl at Hogwarts. What annoyed you is that people didn't really want to get to know you, they just thought you were mean, but in reality, you were super laid back. The only one who really took the chance to get to know you was Fred Weasley.

Something about you interested him. How you always knew the answers in class, but never once raised your hand. Or how you could just ignore the rumors about the things you supposedly did. There was one reason you were like this though, you just didn't quite know how to be happy.

You see, you were raised by your single mother, which is where your wizard blood came from, but, when you were in your 2nd year, she tragically passed.

She was a potionier, which meant she would make different potions to try and solve different things. And let's just say there was an, accident one day.

So during the summers you would go to your grandmothers house, she was kind, but never really talked to you, didn't really know you.

You were in your 6th year now. Hanging out with your only friend really, and that was Fred Weasley. You can still remember how you two met, quite nice really.

Flash back:
You were sitting in potions class, Snape was going on as usual about some potion, like one would do in potions class.

You were half paying attention, so you knew what was going on, and answers to questions, but in your own world at the same time. You were brought out of your thoughts when someone tapped on your shoulder. Fred Weasley. You could tell it was him by his nose, he had no bump where as his twin brother George did.

Another thing about you is that you were an observer, and you noticed a lot of things. Anyways.

"Hey, um, do you know what we were just talking about?" Fred asks looking at his potions textbook.

"Um, yeah." You explain everything to him, point what potion you are going to make and even give him some answers.

"You know (y/n), your actually really cool." Fred says looking at you.

"Why thank you Fred." You say leaning back in your chair. You have been sitting for a while, so you need to stretch.

"How do you know I'm not George?" He looks at you, suppressing his shocked face and instead making a suspicious one.

"Well, you don't have that bump on your nose that George does, and also, you have worse posture." You look at him and point to his bad seating posture in his chair.

"We should hang out more often." He says out of the blue.

"Yea, why not?"

And that was were it all started, and how we got to were we are now.

Now, you and Fred were hanging out together in the Gryffindor common room couch. His head was in your lap which you were braiding his hair. He loved when you braided his hair. It was relaxing for both of you, and you two would just talk, and laugh. He was helping you know how to become happy again, teaching you how to be happy.

No one ever found you two, or walked in on you two hanging out even though you would be in the most open spots. Like the common room, or courtyard, no one ever say you two hanging out.

You two were interrupted when some Gryffindors walked in the common room. This included Ron, George, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville. You always liked Neville, he was cool, as well as Harry and Ginny.

"Woah, what's she doing here?" Ron says clearly looking at you.

"Um hanging out with my friend?" Fred says picking his head up to look at the group in-front of you both.

"But, but." Ron sputtered out.

"What, I'm not allowed to hang out with my dear friend (y/n) here?" Fred said raising his eyebrows. You throw him a look that says 'watch this'.

You look from Fred to Ron. Giving him the coldest stare you could. He whimpers a little, trying to hide behind Hermione. You close your eyes and smiled, letting a small giggle pass by your lips at his cute reaction. When you open your eyes, the group is looking at you bewildered, surprised that you smiled, let alone giggled.

"What?" You say looking at them.

"You, you just." Ron started, but before he could finish, you cut him off.

"What? Am I not allowed to smile? Am I supposed to be scary all the time?" You look at Ron with a look that could kill, even though you were joking.

"NO! I didn't mean that it just-"

"I'm only joking Ronald!" You say smiling at him. He visibly relaxes.

You turn back to Fred and continue your conversation like nothing happened, and so does he. He lays his head back down in your lap and you continue to braid his hair. It always felt so soft to you.

The group looked at you both confused for a second, the fact that the most intimidating girl they new was joking around with Fred Weasley, and who knew what trouble they could cause...

———————————————————————————

I did fix up this chapter and thank you to the comment who pointed out my mistake! I also just fixed up random spots I thought would sound better with different parts, so yea.