Just a 'Harry x reader'

"No no, it's okay. Just - just forget I said anything." You whisper while trying to hold back your eyes watering.

"I'm sorry." Harry said looking at you with pure sympathy.

"I said it's fine. We can remain friends still, right?" You ask as you begin to walk away.

"Yea, definitely." He muttered as you got farther down the hallway, but walking backwards so you would still see him.

You give him a sad smile, then turning around and walking away towards the girls dormitory's.

You had just told Harry your feelings for him, and he gave a response that made your heart drop and regret telling him anything at all. He had told you that he didn't feel the same way, and that he wasn't looking for a relationship with anyone after the whole thing with cho.

What you didn't know, was that the reason he said 'no' was out of panic and fear. He truly had feelings for you, but he thought they weren't yet strong enough to act on them. He didn't mean to hurt your feelings the way he did, but his mouth reacted faster than his brain did.

Although the was glad you had insisted on staying friends, and he hoped it wasn't him that made things awkward between the two of you.

——————————————————————————

"You alright Harry?" You ask, sliding him a glass of water.

You, along with Harry were staying at the burrow for Christmas this year, and Hermione was upstairs with Ginny, although she was just visiting for the last week of break.

"Hmm? Oh yea, just thinking about stuff." Harry replied, taking a sip of the water you just gave him.

You didn't push him for anymore information, and instead turned your attention to everyone else who came down the stairs. Chatting amongst each other, laughing and joking.

Ron was having a conversation with the twins, who kept nudging him towards Hermione's direction and he looked like he was ready to blow at any second.

Hermione was talking with Ginny, and Ginny kept pointing in Ron's directions while Hermione would playfully shove her.

Remus and Tonks had always been downstairs with Ms. and Mr. Weasley though. Conversing about all the 'grown-up topics'.

"Oh, everyone's down here now! Why don't we- what was that?" Molly began speaking but she cut off her own thoughts and looked out of the living room window.

You yourself looked out of the kitchen window, Harry coming up behind you to take a peek.

There was puffs of quick moving black smoke. Actually three or four, all moving through the sky around the house. There was a crash upstairs, and you saw that one of those puffs went through the third floor.

"Outside! Now! Go!" You yell and rush everyone out of the door, but the adults waited for you to get out before they did.

You all run onto the front lawn, watching and not being able to do anything about the other puff of smoke crash through the house.

Next thing you saw, a was a spell shot and there was a burst of flames. Molly let out a gasp and cry, watching as her house began to be engulfed by flames.

The first puff of smoke flew circles around you all and you watched it intently. It landed on the floor, and the smoke left and bellatrix was left standing there, cackling her malicious laugh.

She pointed her crooked wand, and there was a fire circle surrounding you and everyone else.

Without thinking of the effect of your actions, you started running after her, leaping through the ring of fire and into the field of tall, dry grass.