"Are you bored yet?" Harry x reader

Oh how you loved the Gryffindor parties after something grand happened. This time, it was after Gryffindor had won the quidditch cup, and since you loved quidditch, you were ecstatic.

Lee Jordan, George, and Fred were in charge of the music, which would always lead to a great time. You always thought they could read the room really well and they knew TONS of great muggle songs considering they grew up pureblood in the wizarding world.

When you weren't hanging out with Harry, Hermione, Ron, or Neville, you could be found jamming out in their dorm, usually playing music with an electric guitar or drums, but still, you had very similar music taste.

It was near the middle of the party, people were drunk, making out in corners, doing who knows what in dorm rooms, people from other houses got in, it was all over the place.

You were near the middle of the dance floor, and people knew their boundaries, so there was no pushing or shoving, just teenagers dancing wild.

A new song started to play, one that you and the twins would listen to often.

You yelled and they both look at you from the DJ table and smirked while nodding their head.

Harry looks at you with his crooked smile. You turn your head and smile back at him and laugh at his face.

He doesn't know why, but he got a lot of, butterflies?

But this wasn't new, this had been happening a lot of times he looked at you now, and it started months ago.

You turn away and start dancing like everyone else around you, singing the lyrics with a tipsy Hermione.

"What's wrong?
You've been asking but I don't have an answer
How come?
I'm still thinking let's pretend to fall asleep now
When we get old, will regret this?
To young to think about-"

And it went on for a while, almost yelling lyrics with the twins, Hermione laughing next to you, Harry stealing glances at you.

"And stallin' only goes so far when you've got a head start
Cause we can stay at home and watch the sunset
But I can't help from asking 'are you bored yet?'"

You grabbed both Hermione's hands and started dancing silly with her. The colored lights making her brown hair have a reddish tint.

"Feels like I've known you my whole life
I can see right through your lies
I don't know where we're going
But I'd like to be by your side
If you could tell me how you're feeling
Maybe we can get through this undefeated
Holding on for so long"

You sang this part with Hermione since you listened to it often with her in your dorm, but the other girls liked it as well.

"Cause we could stay at home and watch the sunset
But I can't help from asking, 'are you bored yet?'
And if your feeling lonely you should tell me
Before this ends up as another memory"

You looked right at Harry as the beat dropped, your smile wide and laughing.

Harry froze for a second as he looked right at you.

The butterflies, they got really strong just then, stronger than they had been before, but why?

You watched as Harry's face became blank for a moment, his smile faltered, his eyes stared before going unfocused, as if he were thinking about something, then they went wide, but there was a lot going on in his head at the moment.

You continued to dance, but what you didn't know was you just saw your best friend realize he had fallen in love with you.

——————————————————————————

Do you guys think I'm writing to many with songs in them??

Word count: 622

1/30/2021