"Protector" Harry x reader

You can't remember how it really started, but at the same time you remembered every detail of when you were with him. You remember the look he first gave you, but when it washed away when you first helped him.

It wasn't often that Slytherins would become friends with Gryffindors. But that's exactly what happened between you and Harry Potter. He was the one everyone in Slytherin was told to stay away from.

Although you stayed away from him like they said, it didn't stop you from observing him from afar. You would often look at him while in the library, or watch the way he interacted with others in the great hall. It wasn't in the creepy way of course, just simple observation of your peers.

Something about him drew you to him.

In the library is where it first started.

You watch as he struggled to grab a book that looked just out of reach. Harry had never been tall. He was on the shorter side actually. He was around 5'5 - 5'6. You were around 5'7 - 5'8, so you had at least two inches in him.

You watched as he didn't think to use him wand, but only try to get taller by his tip toes. He confused you like this sometimes.

You took this as your opportunity. You got up from your own seat, acting if you wanted a book from the section as well. You stalked over, trying not to be too loud.

You walked up behind him, not even having to go on your tip toes to reach the book with ease.

He looked behind him in confusion at the extra arm, almost making an audible gasp when he saw you there.

You looked from the book your hand was on to his eyes that were staring straight into yours. He had a look of confusion and suspicion. You pulled the book out, lowering your hand and giving it to him gently, not saying a word.

His eyes traveled to your green uniform and he looked even more suspicious of you. He looked back at the book in your hand.

He reached out for it, expecting you to pull it away at the last second. But when he reached for the book, you didn't pull your hand away and let him take it out of your hands. "Um, thanks?" He muttered confused and watched you as you nodded your head slightly before walking away and out of the library.

There was the time you defended him when Draco was being, well Draco.

All he was doing was walking down the hall, trying to get to class walking alongside Hermione and Ron. Per usual.

"I'm surprised you're here Potter. If I was minister of magic, there would be a cell in Azkaban with your name on it!" Draco called out as Harry walked past him.

Ron sighed as he looked back at Draco, who wore his usual smirk on his face. Harry turned his way as well, and angry face plastered on.

"You know what my dad said? He said 'that boy needs to get his head out of the sky and try not to go even crazier than he already is'." He let out a laugh.

Harry began walking towards him to say something, but you got in the way. He almost ran into your back as you got in front of him, and he couldn't see your face because you were facing Draco instead.

"Piss off Malfoy." You say through gritted teeth.

He got a slightly shocked expression on his face, not expecting you to intervene with his 'fun'. He didn't even know you were there.

"What are you doing? Why are you protecting this, nutter?" Draco said through gritted teeth as well, looking at you in the eyes.

Your face remained the same, not changed when he stepped a little closer. "I'm not protecting him, I'm telling you off."