"'You should break up with your boyfriend'" Harry x reader

"I don't know 'mione." You say to Hermione as she dragged you closer to the Gryffindor common room.

"Oh come on y/n! This is one of the only times I want to go to a party and your telling me you don't want to go?!" Hermione almost shouts.

"No I do, it's just don't want Jay to get mad again." You admit grimly while walking through the quiet hallways, the only sound was your conversation with Hermione and your loud footsteps on the stone floors.

"Did you both get into another fight?" Hermione asked looking at you with her head turned.

"Yea." You sigh out. You really didn't like him that much, but you felt too guilty to break things off. You could tell neither of you really wanted the relationship, but neither of you tried to do anything about it.

She sighed after you. Still dragging you, she asked, "What was it about this time?"

"He got mad I left him at breakfast to talk to the twins." You mutter and Hermione tutted.

"I don't know why you don't just break up with him y/n. You don't even like each other, just, END IT!" She said as you two walked up the fat lady portrait. She looked pretty cranky but that was understandable due to the time.

"Tell me why you aren't in your dorms? It is 11 o'clock at night, far past curfew." She shrieked, making Hermione wait to give her the password.

"Y/n had detention with Snape, I had to pick her up." Hermione made up an excuse so you two wouldn't get in trouble. You were both actually hanging out outside in Ravenclaw tower. Well, you were, you were talking and doing stuff with Luna while you begged her to come along.

"Ugh, Snape. To harsh on other kids if you ask me, and creepy too." She shuddered when she said the last part, finally going quiet and letting Hermione say the password to let you both in.

You and Hermione both roll your eyes at her when you finish walking into the common room, but are surprised when there was a raging party.

There were lights, drinks, it mast have been going on for a little while because there were kids making out in corners, teens dancing on each other. The twins looked tipsy themselves, but still controlling the music.

"Wow." You both said at the same time.

"'Mione! You're here!" Your hear someone yell from behind you both, and you both quickly found that it was Ron. He looked pretty tipsy himself, drink cup in hand. His wand halfway out of his pocket and his hair was ruffled. His eyes were half closed, and slightly bloodshot.

"Ronald! What happened to you! You look-" But Ron shut her up with a kiss. She was obviously taken aback, but after two seconds, like you knew she would, she kissed him back. He ran his hand up her arm before snaking it around her waist and pulling her closer.

"WOOOOOOOOOOO 'MIONE! GET SOME!" You yell louder than everyone else while clapping your hands.

When they pulled away a couple seconds later, they were both red and slightly panting, people were still cheering around them but all you could really think of was that Harry wasn't there to witness it. Where was he?

Minutes turned into an hour, you and Hermione were still at the party which somehow got more active over time. You had a couple drinks and were getting pretty tipsy.

The night progressed, you had spent some of the time on the dance floor, dancing with people you knew, and some drunk people coming up to you and dancing as well. It was mostly girls so you would just twirl them a couple times and send them off to their group of girlfriends not to far away.

You were at the side, leaning against a wall. Then you heard your name.

"Y/n! What are you doing!" Jay. He was here. Why was he here?

"Jay, I'm hanging out with my friends at a party, what are you doing here?" You ask as you take a sip from the drink in your cup.

"I heard there was a party in the Gryffindor common room, I knew you would be here, just making sure you weren't flirting with anyone." He stated loudly due to the music.

"You came to this party to make sure I wasn't the one flirting with anyone?" You repeat, a little baffled.

"Yea, it's basically cheating." He said back. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"What? no it's- I'm not doing that stuff anyways, so you can leave. We'll talk about this tomorrow." You say before looking at the dance floor, and seeing a dance circle forming.

You leave from your spot against the wall and begin to walk over to join the fun when Jay grabbed your arm.

"What are you?-" You try and make him release him grip, but he doesn't.

"Why do you want me to leave? Are you planning on cheating on me or something? Are you meeting someone?" He bombarded you with stupid questions.

You roll your eyes before turning around to face him. "No I am not, nor do I plan on cheating on you. I want to have fun at this party, by myself and that's what I'm going to do." You say before you walk off, and he doesn't go to grab you again. Very faintly you hear him huff and you assume he left.

Soon, the large group of students got a bit boring, so you went back to the side lines. You were thinking about leaving and going up to your dorm. Then there was a voice calling you out of your thoughts.

You look and see Harry in-front of you. He looked a little drunk, but way more than tipsy.

"What's your name?" He asked and his words were a little slurred. This made no sense to you, because you had been good friends with him for about 2-3 years. How drunk was he?

"Um, y/n?" You answer confused.

"I saw that conversation you had with that, boy," He kept talking. And you didn't really want to leave, this was one of the most interesting things to happen all night. "You didn't look very happy." He finished. He took a sip from the liquid in his drink.

"Yea, he's my boyfriend." You say rolling your eyes.

"You don't like him, do you?" Harry asked leaning slightly closer to you, and maybe so he could hear you better.

"No, no not really." You answer back, and you take a sip from your drink as well.

"Well, there's no shame in leaving." He slurred out, and giving you a look over the rim of his cup. His actions and words gave off the impression that he was drunk, but somehow his eyes had stayed the same, and only had a slight red tint to them.

You take your eyebrows at his words. "What that supposed to mean?"

He looked at you for a moment before leaning in a bit more and putting him right hand next to your head, so he was slightly leaning against the wall.

"You should break up with your boyfriend." You could smell the alcohol in his breath, and how it was warm, fanning your neck and face.

You swallowed hard. Why did you feel like this when he was so close? "Say again?" You needed clarification on what he just said, to make sure you were hearing things correctly.

He lets out a small breathy chuckle before leaning closer towards your ear.

"You should break up with your boyfriend." He whispered once again, but it was right in your ear. And his words rang bells in your head. You had a harsh shiver run down your spine. You breath out to try and gain some composure to answer.

"I'll think about it." You say back and he pulled away and slyly winked at you before walk away. You caught sight of him walking into his dorm before he closed the door.

As a group of 4 girls passed by, and it seemed like they all gave you looks, you saw Hermione with her jaw practically on the floor and wide eyes and a shocked Ron next to her. It was clear she had seen the entire interaction.

'I'll tell you later'. You mouth to her and she faintly nodded before you walk away to go to your own dorm room.