"Jessie's Girl" Ron x reader w/ Harry

You took a seat next to Ron, your boyfriend of 8 months now. Hermione had sat across from you two, taking the vacant spot next to Harry. She had been very 'salty' towards you and Ron when you first began dating, but after the three month mark, she finally cut it out and began talking to you two once again.

As you began speaking about random topics and grabbing food for you plates, you three didn't seem to see the look Harry gave you and Ron. Watching as you two talked so well together, passing food down and handing each other napkins. How you two seemed to communicate far better than anyone else he had seen with Ron before. That he wished it was him with you instead.

He couldn't believe how jealous he was. Ron finally had something of his own, someone of his own that didn't see him as Harry's friend. Why did he want to take that away from him? Was he a bad friend for wanting to take his best friends partner even if they were happy together? Was it bad of how jealous he would get?

"Harry? Harry!" Ron's voice brought him out of his own thoughts, and when he looked up, everyone was looking at him.

"Huh? What? Sorry, could you repeat that?" He asked feeling dumb.

"Your still going to sing that song right?" Ron repeated, looking at him still.

Harry's mind clicked when he remembered that he was going to sing a song at the party tonight, all because of a dare Seamus had given him a week earlier. It had slipped his mind that the party was tonight.

"Oh yea, um yes." He said as he poked something with his fork and clearing his throat.

"Well good luck, huh?" You say from across, giving a small smile. How he loved that smile.

He just playfully rolled his eyes before looking down once again, and then distracting himself with Ginny who sat not to far away.

—————————time skip to party————————

"Now welcoming to the stage, Harry Potter himself!" Fred announced as he jumped off, and Harry soon came on with a guitar in hand.

He strummed a few chords, making sure people could hear him and it was actually in tune. He looked around the crowd and saw you standing near Ron nearly right in front with giddy smiles on both your faces.

He cleared his throat and thought. 'I can't believe I'm doing this'. He heard a wolf whistle only to find Seamus sitting in the nearest couch arm chair, giving his a playful smile. He gave a fake annoyed look and looked down at his fingers placed on the strings.

People gave small cheers and urged him to start, then he heard you and Ron laughing together, urging him on as well.

Finally, he began playing the first tiny instrumental before he leaned closer into the microphone.

"Jessie is a friend
Yea, I know, he's been a good friend of mine
But lately somethings changed that ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself and girl, and I wanna make her mine"

You had heard this song before, and was slightly impressed to see that Harry wasn't an awful singer after all.

"3 sickles he blows it." Ron mutters into your ear.

"Your on." You mutter back before listening to the next part of the song.

"And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body I just know it
And he's holding her in his arms late, late at night

You know I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that?"

It was the chorus where people started singing along to, including you and Ron, hell even Hermione was having a good time. You never noticed how good Harry was at the guitar, well you learn something new every day.

"I'll play along with this charade
That doesn't seem to be a reason to change
You know I feel so dirty when they start talkin' cute
I wanna tell her that I love her, but the point is probably moot

Cause she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body I just know it
And he's holdin' her in his arms late, late at night"

As Harry sang from the small make shift stage, he watched as you and Ron would look at each other and begin to dance and laugh. It only put more emphasis on the words pouring out of his mouth. He was singing how he felt, and no one would really know.

"You know I wish I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that?
Like Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that?
Where can I find a woman like that?"

There was another small instrumental where Harry looked over the crowd in front of him. All of them cheering him on and dancing with each other, telling him he was doing good. He looked at Seamus and couldn't tell if he had a shocked or impressed look on his face.

But over all the cheers, he heard yours, and your laughs and Ron's not to far after.

"And I'm lookin in the mirror all the time
Wonderin' what she don't see in me
I've been funny; I've been cool with the lines
Ain't that the way love's supposed to be?

Tell me where can I find a woman like that?

You know I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I wish that I had Jessie's girl
I want Jessie's girl
Where can I find a woman like that?
Like Jessie's girl
I wish I had Jessie's girl
I want, I want Jessie's girl."

He finished with a few dramatic strokes of the strings before doing a small bow and jumping off the small stage and being consumed with the crowd.

All telling him 'good job' and 'I didn't know you were that good' but all he was really looking for was your validation, no matter how much he told himself he didn't need it, he wanted it.

As he told people his thanks for the flood of compliments, he slowly parted his way through the crowd, soon finding you, Ron and Hermione leaning near the wall, waiting for him.

As soon as he came near, you gave Ron a quick peck on the cheek before slinging your arm around Harry shoulders.

"Wow mate, didn't know you could do that." You say with an impressed tone in your voice.

He felt nice knowing you liked it, but put those thoughts aside when Ron and Hermione came over as well, giving their own thoughts on his playing.

Harry didn't know why he felt this way. He had all the things he needed right now. Ron and Hermione barley fought anymore, and Ron was in a good mood most of the time. He was happy, Hermione was happy, and Ron was happy. Why did he want to take away the one thing making Ron happy? Why did he want you so bad?

There were plenty others that wanted him to be theirs, people that were actually single, but for some stupid reason he wanted you. You were just so cool, and nice, smart, funny, bloody attractive too.

He couldn't believe that Ron had managed to snag you before he did, but he couldn't do anything about it now. He would just have to deal with it. Deal with the fact that he had a huge crush on his best friends partner.

——————————————————————————

This song is called, "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. It's a good song and I suggest listening to it while reading the singing bits. This sorry was originally going to be for George or Fred, but I have a new idea for the now. Anyways, hope y'all still like these things.