"The day 3 became 2" Fred and George w/ reader

Dust and smoke was seen everywhere and it was difficult to see but you could just make out the 4 red heads in-front of you. Mr Weasley and Percy. As well as your two best friends, George and Fred. Even while in the midst of a war, they still managed to crack some jokes, but they were mostly serious but didn't show their nervousness.

Your feet ached and your body was screaming at you to take a break, but you couldn't. There was so much adrenaline you couldn't if you wanted to.

You knew them too well and knew they were scared out of their skin. Every so often they would call out your name to make sure they were still there. They were like your older brothers, even though you were two days older.

"Hello Minister!" Percy yelled as he shot spells and curses everywhere. "Did I mention I'm resigning?"

"You're joking Perce!" Fred shouted. "You actually are joking Perce...I don't think I've heard you joke since you were-" But Fred was cut short when the air exploded. Harry, Ron, and Hermione where blasted back.

A spell had hit a wall, while blew it apart.

You were standing near Fred, and as you looked at him you saw as the wall was about to crush him.

"NO FRED! MOVE!" You leap forward with the strength you had left, he couldn't get hurt.

The last things you felt were his clothes under your fingertips as you shoved him out of the way and immense pain as you felt tons of brick crushing you. But it soon left when you felt light and airy.

Writers POV:

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! No! No!" Fred shouted as he started taking the ruble and wall clumps off of you. "Please please please be okay." He whispered as he flicked his wand and pile after pile of wall came off.

"Fred! Oh my god!... (Y/n) no!" George shouted as he followed his brother's actions.

"(Y/n) I swear if your not okay-" George started.

"We'll kill you!" Fred finished. Tears were endless flows down their faces.

"Fred! George!" Mr. Weasley called out. He didn't want to leave them in the hallway alone. It seemed everyone moved corridors to fight in.

"We'll catch up dad!" Fred shouted back, his voice cracking slightly as he turned back.

George moved a large brick and saw your hand, but it looked grey from all the dust. And it wasn't moving.

"(Y/n) please." They both begged.

They moved more and more brick until they uncovered you completely. You remained still, and unmoving. Your eyes forever stared without seeing.

They both let out loud sobs as George took you in his arms cradling you. He pet your hair, calling your name as Fred checked for anything to prove you were still alive. But there was nothing.

"NO!" He shouted when he finally came to the conclusion that you were gone. You were dead.

The twins stayed for multiple minutes in the empty corridor. Sobbing, crying, pleading that you would wake up, or saying that your 'prank' wasn't funny. They took turns cradling you and holding your hand.

"Freddie, we have to go." George sobbed out.
"We'll come back and take them to the Great Hall when this is done." He finished before getting up, but they both found it hard to stand. They took off running, going back into the raging battle.

"They're still there." Fred said before he and George ran back to your body. "I'll take them, you make sure I don't run into anything." Fred said as fresh tears started forming in his eyes. He got a good hold on you before picking you up bridal style.

He had done this before, but in those times you were laughing or injured.

They began their sad walk to the great hall. Tears fell to the floor, Fred's tears fell on your clothes. As he looked down at your still open eyes, he saw that they didn't have your famous (y/e/c) anymore. They just stared.

George walked close to Fred making sure he didn't lose him, also so he could look back at you and make sure nothing else happened to you.

They tearfully walked into the great hall where the rest of the Weasleys sat waiting for them. He wiped his wet eyes so he could see properly.

Molly rose up ready to pounce at them for scaring her but stopped when she saw Fred and George with identical crying faces, and you in Fred's arms.

Tears brimmed her eyes as she waddled over to you, Ginny and Mr. Weasley following after her.

Fred tried hiding his face as tears kept falling. Molly peered at you and sniffled before reaching her hand out.

"Oh (y/n) dear, you did not deserve this fate." She whispered as she stroked your cheek. She soon buried her face in Mr. Weasleys chest, not having the courage to look at you any longer.

"Can we set them down, please." Fred asked as George moved forwards leading the way.

As soon as you were laid down, the twins were on their knees. Fred's head was resting on George's shoulder and George's head was resting on Fred's head.

Everyone had their turn saying 'goodbye' to you. There was not one dry eye in the whole family. Even Percy who found you quite annoying let a few tears fall.

The twins were in their shared room at the burrow. They had been there for a few hours and made no effort to go out any time soon. Some of your stuff was scattered around the room, and not to mention the fact you three shared a flat above the shop together. The twins only really had each other right now. They both came to the realization over time, and that was,

That was the day 3 became 2.

—————————————————————————

There will probably be a happy part 2 to this story