"Only a matter of time" Harry x reader

"Y/n, why don't you move on?" Lavender asked as she cleaned up her face. She had bruises that littered her arm from the Carrows, as well as every other student.

"Why would I?"

"It's been three years!" She responded looking at you with a look in her eyes. "And, if you haven't noticed, Harry isn't here! Neither is Hermione or Ron." She added with bitterness to her tone.

You didn't respond. You only thought of the time in fourth year when you started liking Harry for the first time. You obviously didn't have enough courage to ask him out then. But the next year you did.

You had asked him on a date, and it went really well. You had only been slight friends with him before then, so you two already knew how to make conversation with each other.

That lasted halfway through the year with you two going on small dates and hangout sessions, but near the end of the year, when you had grown tired of waiting for him to ask you to be his partner, you had asked him.

Long story short, he said with great guilt that he could not. Of course it hurt, but you still let him explain why. His reasoning was something you would expect from him.

That year, there were many new things happening with Voldemort and very difficult with Umbridge in charge.

You sadly had to accept. You told him you would wait, because even though he said 'no', you could see that he liked you the same way you liked him. It was only a matter of time.

In sixth year, you two continued to hang out. And once again near the end of the year, he had reluctantly said 'no' to being your official boyfriend once again.

Of course if crushed you again, but he had explained he had been doing secret work with Dumbledore and he didn't want you to be put into harms way.

There was the obvious reason for this year, being that you hadn't actually seen or heard from him at all since Dumbledore's funeral last year.

You knew you should move on, and it was always a thought in the back of your head, but you couldn't help but hope.

"I'm just saying y/n. Just don't get your heart broken over a guy with circle glasses." She joked.

"Hey! I like his circle glasses!" You joke back, laughing slightly. It felt weird laughing during a time like this.

"Whatever you say y/n." She sighed as she went into the bathroom.

You lay there awake in your bed, unknowing that Harry was in hogsmead less than a mile away. Also so the fact that a war everyone had been anticipating was happening in only mere hours.

———————————————————————————

You rushed everywhere in the castle. The war had been over for only a few minutes, but it didn't stop you running around everywhere in the castle looking for him.

You knew he was alive, because you saw him leap from Hagrid arms but who knows what could have happened since then.

You were only on the third floor, and you began making your way back down to the great hall.

You rushed past all the portraits. Some were burned and others had broken frames. There were people moving around, distraught at the state of everything. People were huddled together, nursing others.

You made your way down the moving stairs, which no longer really moved. You went down two at a time, almost tripping at the bottom.

Your breathing was rough, you hadn't really stopped running since the battle began because there was no time for breaks.

Now that there was, you couldn't bring yourself to stop.

You quickly walked past people who sat in the hallways. A couple, one cradling the hurt and trying  to calm them down.

You were outside the great hall now. Just below the grand staircase.

"Harry, slow down!" You heard a faint girls voice.

Your head immediately tuned in the direction of up the staircase, and there you saw the trio, with Harry leading them.

Ron and Hermione held hands, and you made a mental note to congratulate them later on. But the speed Harry was going down the stairs caught your attention.

He looked up from his own feet, still a good distance away from you. His eyes caught yours, and he stopped in his tracks. He just looked at you, and you looked at him.

It was almost as if time and stopped, waiting for something to happen before continuing.

You both finally got sense and he began to run towards you, down the stairs quicker than before.

Once he reached you, he swooped you into a big hug, not waiting a second more to do the thing he waiting years for.

His gripped your face with both hands, bringing his lips to your finally.

You thought you would throw up butterflies by the amount in your stomach, and you didn't wait to kiss him back.

After a few moments, you pulled away, catching your breath.

"So, how are you?" You breathe out, joking with him a bit.

He just laughed slightly before fixing his glasses. "Uh, I'm doing well."

"I'm doing well as well." You say, kind of awkwardly, wiping your hands on your tarnished pants.

"So, how would you like to go out this Friday then?" He asked and looked into your eyes once again.

"Yea, definitely." You smile back.

Man were you excited to tell Lavender.

(And no, I'm this story she didn't die. She just got bit and going to hospital.)

——————————————————————————

Hey y'all. I'm still writing the the 'y/n black' story, I just put this together in the meantime. Sorry if the whole things seems rushed and quick.