'Just a random idea from my head' Harry x reader

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'you can't play'! THIS IS THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE ENTIRE SEASON! ITS THE LAST GAME, THIS DETERMINES WHO WINS THE QUIDDITCH CUP! AND IF YOU CANT PLAY SEEKER THEN I HAVE TO!" You yell at Harry as you walk into the common room.

"I'm sorry! Snape purposefully put in detention for that day. I've tried to persuade him to let me play I have! But he wouldn't budge!"

"You do realize that if I don't catch the snitch, I. WILL. DIE. THEY WOULD TEAR ME APART! Oh my god, the game is this WEEKEND! I'm not ready."

Harry puts both hands on your shoulders. "(Y/n), relax. It's going to be fine." Harry says looking into your worry filled eyes.

"No! I've only ever played seeker once! I mean we won but still! This game is too big for just practice!" You stress out to him.

"(Y/n), it will be fine. End of discussion. Now let's do our homework." Harry said before adjusting his bag on his shoulder before walking to the couches in the common room.

"Your right, I'm sure I'll do fine." You sighed as you plopped next to him. "Are you sure though?" You ask quickly.

"Yes!" He said quickly back and you just smile cheekily before getting out your parchment.

"(Y/n) (y/l/n) HAS CAUGHT THE GOLDEN SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS THE HOUSE CUP!" The commentator yelled into the microphone.

Although it was barley heard over the loud yells and screams coming from the Gryffindor side of the stands. You look down still in shock as the tiny like golden ball was still flapping its wings in your hand, but the sunlight caught the shiny thing and forced you to look away.

You float down to the ground where the team immediately engulfed you in a crowd, and picking you up. They carried you all the way up to Gryffindor tower while also singing their new favorite song, "Weasley is our king".

"I think this calls for a party, don't you guys think?" You ask as they put you down.

They let out a few more cheers before someone flicks their wand and red and gold streamers and other party decorations fill the common room. Tables got set up, there were drinks that got put on tables. Someone put the golden quidditch cup on the table nearest to the portrait hole.

It was 6pm, so Harry should be back in around 2 hours so you could tell him the good news.

So far the party was going great, there was spin the bottle, truth or dare, dancing and singing to songs, it was a lot of fun.

You just finished your dare to race Ron up and down the stairs when the portrait hole opened. Harry walked in but quickly stopped in his tracks when he saw everyone mid-party. He looked like he was questioning but you interrupted his train of thought.

"I DID IT! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT! YOU WERE RIGHT IT WAS JUST FINE." You basically yell at him as you almost run and take him into a bear hug.

"You should have seen me! And Ron and Ginny were pretty good too but I was obviously the best-" But when you looked up at him while you were telling him this, he just looked at you before kissing you seemingly out of nowhere.

The party seemed to far off into space as the surrounding noise seemed to be blocked out because it was all you were thinking about. Slowly but delicately, you kissed him back before you both pulled away.

You found it surprising, mainly because you didn't know Harry had felt this way towards you. You did have slight feelings for Harry outside the friendship zone, but you never thought on acting on those feelings before.

The whole party seemed to be looking at you two when you got far enough away. You kind of just looked at him with wide eyes, waiting for him to say something to explain why he did that.

"Well, continue the party!" You say to them and they quickly resume the party like nothing had happened, but the only exception was they few glances people would give to see what would happen next.

"Could-could we go somewhere and talk? Privately?" He asked looking at the groups of people dancing and singing all around.

"Yea." You were still slightly confused on what was happening. You look at Ron and Hermione and see them confused as well, but they sort of shrug it off and start having their own conversation.

You feel Harry slightly pull your hand and you follow him up the boys dormitory steps. He had let go of your hand, but glanced back at you every so often to see if you were still following him.

When you finally got there, he seemed a little awkward, but that was the usual Harry.

"Um, Harry, what was that?" You ask looking at him and he was slightly pacing the floor.

"I-I don't know. Should I have not done that? I'm sorry if that was weird." He started to say but you interrupted.

"No! No it's fine, I didn't mind really." You say getting a little quieter near the end of the sentence.

"I just need the know the reason behind it is all." You say looking at him.

"Well, this year. I've been thinking about it this year, I mean, I've been thinking about you this year. And I don't know why. I don't know why I did that, I should have asked you first." He says thinking back on it. "Basically what I'm saying is, I think I may have started to develop, feelings towards you." He finally finished.

You had your eyebrows raised in slight shock. "Well, if it makes you feel better, I have had slight feelings for a while as well. I just never really acted on them, ya' know?" You say looking at him.

He looked much less tense now, and a little happy if anything.

"Well, since we have the same sort of feelings, would you maybe want to go out with me sometime? Like on a, date?" He stiffened a bit while asking and shoved his hands in his pockets while slightly hitting his lower lip.

"I don't see why not." You say with a small smirk. "We'll discuss after the party, yea?" You ask while you walk to the door, where you hear slightly muffled music coming from the other side.

"Um, yea. Yea definitely." He said with a smile taking over his face.

"Okay then." You say back and walk out closing the door behind you.

Harry smiled to himself after you left, but then confusion crossed his mind. What just happened?