"Birthday gift" Luna w/reader

Today was your best friend Luna's birthday. Since she love animals, creatures, space, galaxies and such, you wanted to paint a whole galaxy with stars and constellations on the ceiling. You both shared a dorm together and with a very little need for convincing, professor Flitwick had agreed to let you paint the ceiling.

You felt bad because for the whole day you had to not let Luna go into your dorm, even though it was one of the only places she felt she could be herself, but it would be worth it in the end, hopefully.

You just hoped she wasn't to sad about it, but she was one of the wisest Ravenclaws you knew, so she more likely than not would connect the dots.

It was 7:00 in the morning, and if you wanted to finish before 10:00 pm you had to start now.

You didn't want to paint it all at once, because it would be very difficult to blend colors together to get what you wanted, so you had to work in patches.

You had a record player and TONS of records and song to listen to, so you shouldn't be running out of music to listen to for a very long time.

You started in the corner farthest from the door, and since it was only the two of you sharing the dorm, with the exception of Neville coming over sometimes, it wasn't too too much space to cover.

You first painted the first spot white, being carful of where the ceiling and wall connected, and while the white paint was still wet, you painted a mixture of very dark blue and black together, so it was nearly black, but not enough. While most of that was covered, you grabbed some magenta pink and painted a space, and tried to blend out the edges the right way, so it had almost a clouded smokey look.

You did a good portion of the corner just then, so you didn't think it would be that hard to finish the ceiling, but there was a lot of details to worry about later.

You added more and more dark dark blue, and mixed up the clouded colors a bit, adding different shades of blue and purples into the mix. You added bits of white to lighten some parts of the color up.

You made sure to not add just random splotches of color as well, you put the dashes and blobs of color next to each other, made other small galaxies of their own as well, and even though you look at it from the floor, you still wanted to add as much detail as possible, down to every last stroke meant something to the final product.

You even added some red and occasionally green into the mix. You also couldn't forget small planets as well, but not big ones, small ones, that barley took up space.

But as more and more time went on, the more paint you went through, the more songs you listened to, the more space you covered with your giant mural, and it looked awesome. Sometimes Flitwick would stop by, but knocked first, and was in awe of how realistic it looked.

Lunch would come sooner than you thought but by then, you had a little less than half of it done. And even though Luna would ask why she wasn't allowed back into the dorm, you couldn't give in, no matter how much you wanted to.

As soon as your last bite was taken, you were off to your dorm again and you wanted to be quick because you didn't want the paint to get to dry while you were gone.

2:00 pm rolls around, and your about 3/5ths done, which is better than you thought until you thought about having to go back and add stars later.

Again, more and more songs go by, the sun light angles through the windows change, the more your back aches, but it would all be worth it.

5:00 pm. Every time Luna would knock on the door to get something, you would never hesitate to get it if it meant the sooner she would go, and it sounded bad but it wasn't! You were 4/5ths done anyways.