"Goodbyes" Harry x reader

He was walking to his death. To the end. He didn't want to say goodbye fearing he wouldn't want to leave if he saw them again. As Harry was walking to the forest, he heard a blood chilling scream, skin crawling and painful. It made him think about where his friends were, Hermione and Ron, if they were okay. But mostly he thought of you.

Harry had been thinking, and he finally came to the conclusion on why he felt the way he towards you, why he was so protective, and it was simply that, he fell in love with you.

Next thing Harry knew, he was at king cross station, but it was white and clean. He was talking to Dumbledore once again, finally getting answers to the questions that burned in his mind ever since the end of sixth year, then, green and red colors filled the sky as power flowed through his veins.

And not long after, it was done, and it was over. He immediately went to the great hall.

As he walked through the great broken and slightly burned oak doors, many people came up to him, congratulating him, thanking him. People he knew and some he didn't. But the people he wanted to see didn't come.

After the small crowd around him had died down, and Hagrid said his final final thanks, he saw a group of people huddled around something, or someone.

He recognized the familiar firey red hair of the Weasleys. But they were crying, sobbing even. Molly was sobbing into Mr. Weasleys shoulder as he tried to comfort her, but even he had tears streaming down his face. Ginny was leaning on Ron looking away from what lay on the floor.

Hermione was hugging Ron as he patted her back and they hid their faces in each other's necks as their shoulders shook with sobs.

Remus was hunched over something, his hands covering his face and Tonks rubbed his back and lay her head on his shoulder, looking down at the same thing as him.

What slightly surprised him was Fred leaning over the same thing beside them, harsh looking sobs escaping his mouth as he hugged an also crying George. Fred's hands went from his dirty face to the what he assumed to be someone's body in-front of him.

They all blocked his view of what lay on the floor, so the only way to find out what it was, was to go over and see for himself.

But as he took a step closer, Ron looked up from across Lupin and Fred and jumped to his feet, causing Hermione and Ginny to get startled.

Ron runs over to Harry, and turns him around and tried leading him out of the great hall. Soon Hermione copies his actions, still sobbing loudly.

"What are you guys doing? What-why are you taking me away?" Harry asks as he tried to go back.

"No, it's for your own good, you can't see them like this." Ron insists as he tries to get Harry out of great hall.

"No I want-I want to see who your looking at." Harry says as he tried to break out of Ron's grip.

Suddenly Harry realizes something. You aren't there. You weren't in the great hall, he didn't see you outside, maybe you were somewhere else in the castle? Recovering bodies? You always loved to help and take care of people, even ones you didn't know.

"Guys, where is (y/n)?" Harry asks turning his head as much as he can while still in Ron's grip, scanning as much of the great hall as possible.

Hermione let out another sob while Ron's breath visibly caught in his throat.

"Guys, where are they?" Harry asks looking between Hermione and Ron. They stay quiet, tears still streaming down their faces.

A thought dawned on Harry, but no, it couldn't. Please don't let it be.