"When they left" Harry w/ reader

⚠️sensitive content (slight drinking and passing out)⚠️

"I loved you Harry, but you're not mine." You whisper to yourself as you feel a tear fall from your left eye. Harry had just told you you two couldn't be friends anymore due to how Ginny felt. He said she 'thought we were too close' but you were bound to be if you had been friends for 6 years like the two of you had been. It hurt you more because you didn't think he would leave you for her.

But there you were, alone in the hall and tears welling in your eyes as you saw him link hands with hers as the round the corner away from you.

That was three months ago, and since then, it was all downhill. It was like you and Harry never really talked before, and that was far from the truth.

You had picked up bad habits just to distract yourself from the social world crumbling around you. See, when Harry had stopped being friends with you, Hermione distanced herself as well and you were never really friends with Ron.

You began drowning yourself in school work, and you never really slept. Your grades had gotten higher than they ever had before, but at a terrible cost. You would get around 3-4 hours of sleep per night, and you would go to sleep around 3am and wake up at around 6.

You began to not really eat, you would skip breakfast, eat some lunch and some dinner, but that was all. But the worst habit was drinking. It wasn't to the point where it was noticeable, but it was still happening. It would only take about 2-3 days to finish a bottle of fire whiskey. You began getting dangerously stressed about things.

But during this, you became sort of friends with the Weasley twins, and they brought up your spirits some of the time. Even McGonagall noticed a the significant change in your energy and demeanor.

"I don't know, I just don't feel so well today." You mumble as you and the twins walk to the Gryffindor common room.

The truth was you felt like death. Your head was pounding and you felt really tired.

You took a sip from the bottle the familiar and almost comforting feeling of burning went down your throat.

The clock read 2 am, finished school papers spread around you. Some assignments were due next week but you finished them anyways, it was something to do, something to help distract you.

The repeated memory passed through your head when you closed your eyes tightly, trying to help the pounding sensation in your head go away.

"That's what you say everyday (y/n)." Fred says as he continues walking through the portrait hole.

"Yeah (y/n), your smart, you can help us!" George finishes from in-front of Fred.

"Guys I'm serious, I don't feel well. I think I might just go to my dorm and take a nap or something." You say quietly and step onto the floors on the cozy common room.

"Oh (y/n)! Your always in your dorm! What do you even do in there?" Fred pestered again.

But this time a wave of nauseousness hits you and your headache got worse.

"No guys, please let me go." You say rubbing your temples and slightly hunched over.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?" Fred asked when he turned around and saw you not following them anymore.

"(Y/n)? What's going on? Are you okay? Does your head hurt?" George asked turning around as well, but concern crossed their faces when they saw you.

But they didn't have time to ask more questions before you passed out right there.

Panic filled them both as they rushed over to you. They called your name, shook you, but you didn't show any signs of waking up. You were still breathing but that was all.

"Hospital wing." Fred says and George picks you up bridal style before nearly running to the portrait hole and Fred following quickly behind him.

As they ran through the halls and corridors, trying to get to the hospital wing, they kept calling your name, but you remained limp. They really started running now.

As they were running, they ran past Harry and Ginny, who were on a simple walk through the castle.

Harry took a double take when he saw them run past. He thought he saw one of them carrying a person?

"Hey! What's going on?!" He yelled as he started running along side Fred who was running behind George.

"We're going to the hospital wing." Fred quickly responded. "They moving at all George?!" He yelled to his brother.

"No!" He yelled back and panic was heard in his voice.

"Who are you two talking about?" Harry asked but still keeping up with Fred.

"(Y/n). They said they were feeling off today, then they collapsed! And we don't know why and they aren't moving, but still breathing." Fred explained quickly.

Harry felt his heart stop for a second, did he just say you?

But then George burst through the hospital wing doors. He ran to a cot and immediately set you down.

Madam Pomfrey came waddling over and yelped when she saw you there. "What did you two do?!" She asked George and Fred and checked your heart beat.

"Nothing! They just said they were feeling off today and then we were walking into the common room then they passed out!" Fred said and looking at your face. Your eyes were closed and your mouth was slightly parted.

Madam Pomfrey continued to look over you, looked in your eyes and checked your ears.

"They will be taken to st Mungo's." She said before looking at you again.

"What! Why?" George asked.

"I don't know what's wrong, they have higher up doctors there, it will be better." She said firmly before going over the her desk and it looked like she was writing a letter. Maybe to dumbledore?

Harry was confused and worried. What had happened in the past 3 months for this to happen?

"You." Madam Pomfrey said pointing at Harry. Harry looked from you to her. "I need you to go to their dorm and look for anything that may indicate what's wrong." She told him sternly

"Can I go with him?" Ginny asked as she walked into the hospital wing slightly out of breath.

"Sure, but I just need you to go." She said and ushered them out.

Harry ran to the Gryffindor common room and up the dormitory stairs.

Harry hadn't been to your dorm for 3 1/2 months so he didn't know what he would see. But he didn't expect to see it a mess. There was papers and broken quills, your bed was made but there was some clothes on floor. There were some empty fire whiskey bottles in bins but there were 2 or 3 scattered around. Unfinished drawings and paintings and it was over all a mess.

Harry walked over and picked up the bottle closest to your bed. There was still some liquid in the bottom which lead him to believe that it was only like 1 or 2 days old.

He remembered you telling him about your old addiction to alcohol and that was when your mother had left you alone.

"Hey, look at this." Ginny said from (y/n)'s desk, holding up a paper.

"What?" Harry asked before taking the paper from her. "This-this is due in 2 weeks, why is it done now?" Harry asked looking at the page with front and back writing.

"Is that what they do up here? Working and, drinking?" Ginny asked looking around the dorm room.

"Looks like it. I just- they've done this before. When their mom left them... And now they're doing it again, because of me." He was thinking about it. For three months you picked up your old bad habits.

He couldn't help but think, was it his fault?