"Mixed emotions" Harry x reader

You had been feeling so angry ever since you turned 15. Usually you were a pretty chill person, but ever since your birthday over the summer, you found you were mostly in a sour mood, angry, or super stressed out.

Fifth year had started only a week ago and your close friends and house mates had noticed the drastic change in your mood(s). But it wasn't your fault.

There was this thing that happened when someone turned 15, and that was that one could feel their 'soulmates' strongest emotions and intense pain. The thought of it before was great to you, but now that it was reality, it sucked ass.

"You alright y/n?" Your friend Chloe asked from across the table.

"Perfectly fine." You say through gritted teeth. You didn't know what it was, but at the current moment, you felt so much anger. You felt like you wanted to hex everyone in sight, like you wanted to shout for no apparent reason.

"Oh, okay." She said before scanning the page in-front of her. You did feel bad for lashing out slightly, but you truly couldn't help it. God why did your 'soulmate' have to be so-, feel so many emotions all the time?

The Friday of, you were doing your homework in the common room when a searing, burning pain covered the back of your left hand. You expected it to go away sometime after, but it only grew worse. It lasted for about 2 hours before it started to somewhat calm down. But by then, you had a headache and wanted nothing more then put a wand to your head.

That's how it had been going for half of the year. Headaches, searing pain on the back of your hand, the constant anger and you would sometimes wake up in cold sweats and your anxiety would be through the roof.

You noticed that when you would go into professor Umbridge's (umbitch) class with Gryffindor, that was when the anger was really at its highest. Especially when she spoke.

As you walked to her classroom with your friends, they talked about completely normal things. But for some odd reason, it made you feel so annoyed and angry. Why wouldn't they just shut up?

"Can you guys be quiet?!" You snapped slightly, but not yelling. Usually you were pretty good about yelling at them, but this time it just, slipped out.

"Y/n, I thought you had this anger thing under control." Your friend said to you and put a reassuring hand on your shoulder.

Regretfully, you shook it off. You sighed out before speaking. "It's been getting worse, and I can't turn it off this time."

That's when you entered her class. If you looked at her you were sure you would burn holes in the back of her head, so you looked at the stupid 'new textbook' in-front of you.

You had been sort of lost in your thoughts, you had finished the reading and was waiting on everyone else to finish, but there was a strong pain on the right side of your forehead. It was like a headache, but much worse. It was in that one spot and it stung slightly.

You let out a tiny gasp and covered your hand on the burning spot. You rubbed it with your fingers and it slightly helped.

"Miss (or mister) y/n, is there a problem?" You hear her overly sweet voice and see her toad like face with a fake smile.

You didn't know where it came from but all you wanted to do was hex her. "No professor. Everything is just peachy." You hiss. You look back down and rub your forehead some more.

Everyone looked back to the front of the room, besides Harry. He sat not to far away from you. He noticed you rubbing your forehead in the same spot his scar was burning. Slowly he lifted his hand to his forehead, rubbing the pain away softly.

He only looked away when he saw you look up from your book, but still not catching his gaze.

He looked down at the desk and how kids from previous years had carved and wrote things in the stained wood.

"You alright mate?"

He looked up when he heard Ron whisper to him, slightly nudging his arm.

"No, not really. I'm just thinking."

———————————————————————————

I'm sorry this ones really fucking short. I'm trying to come up with ideas. I'm most likely going to change my posting days to like, every 2-3 days. I can't keep trying to post one a day, it's just not working. I AM STILL POSTING! So don't worry. If I don't post on here every once and a while, it will be on my other book. Bye y'all. Sorry again.