"Christmas at the Burrow" George x reader

Things to know:
Charlie has a son, Voldemort was defeated in Harry fourth year, don't ask how, he just was.

—————————-Story Time—————————-

You started hanging out with George a lot in your 6th year. And, a couple months before Christmas, you became his girlfriend. It was going really well so far. And as far as you knew, you both were really happy.

You had nowhere to go for the holidays, seeing as death eaters killed your parents when Voldemort was killed. George decided to talk to his mother and they both agreed to let you stay with them at the burrow.

Now, your standing in-front of the house, which looks like it's defying the laws of physics and gravity. But you liked it because it had the nice feeling of home.

It was cozy, they already had a Christmas tree up and decorated. There were needles knitting themselves in the corner of the room, they looked like sweaters.

Then a short, plump witch came walking over to greet everyone. "This is my mum, Molly." George whispers to you. She seemed to have known everyone there, as she had greeted them first.

Finally she got to you. "Oh! You must be (y/n)! George has told me about you!" She pulls you into a tight hug. "What house are you in? I think I would know if you were in Gryffindor." "Um, I'm in Ravenclaw." You say looking at the floor. "Oh wonderful! I've always liked Ravenclaws! Hey, maybe you can teach George a few tricks?" She whispers the last part to you so George can't hear. That made you giggle a little, you liked molly, she was so sweet.

"You all must be hungry! I've got dinner ready and made!" She seemed exited saying this. So you assumed she loved to cook, and oh how you were right. You sit by George and Harry at the dinner table. While everyone was eating, another red head walked in the door. The red head you found out to be Charlie, who was holding a baby, a few months old at most.

Molly jumped out of her chair and hugged her oldest son. The baby cooed at her, and she took the baby, holding it close. You could tell she missed holding babys like that. Charlie then turns to you. "Hello, what's your name? And who are you here with?" He says shaking your hand." "Um, I'm (y/n), and I'm here with George." You shake his hand back. "George?! How did George get someone like you?" You laugh at his statement. "Hey! I'm right here!" George says hitting his brother in the stomach, lightly. "I ask myself the same question every day." You answer slightly laughing. George scoffs before pulling you back down to sit next to him.

You all continue to eat before you all decide to go out into the garden. By now the baby Charlie was holding fell asleep, so he put him in his rocker. You all go outback and start to play music, talking, joking around. Happy it was the holidays.

You want to get some water from inside, being quiet around the sleeping baby. As your about to go back outside, he starts to cry. Putting the glass of water down you walk over to the crying baby. No one seemed to hear him, due to the music outside.

You pick the baby up, and start to sway with him. He has red hair like the rest of the Weasleys, he soon stops crying. He starts to drift off to sleep, and you smile at the now relaxed baby. He starts to smile in his sleep. You smile even wider at the baby now. You continue to rock him, even though he is asleep.

George's POV:
What is taking (y/n) so long? I thought to myself. "Hey Ron, can you see what (y/n) is up to? She's taking forever." He nods before walking into the house. A couple seconds later, he comes out and once he leaves the door way, he runs to everyone. "Come on, you have to see this!" He is smiling at me, and I'm confused, was she sleeping?

The group makes their way inside quietly following Ron. He stops at the living room. When we look inside, there is (y/n), with the baby? She is rocking him to sleep. She has her back turned so she doesn't know we are there.

"I like her George, I thinks she's a keeper." Mum whispers to me. I smile at that thought. "I know." I whisper back. Mum smiles at me, and I know she meant what she said.

I walk over to her...

(Y/n)'s POV:
"What are you doing (y/n)?" The sound of his low voice made shivers go down my spine. I quietly put the baby down in him rocker, since he is now asleep. "Um, well the baby started to cry, and you guys couldn't hear him, I don't know why I didn't come and get you guys, I'm sorry." You look up at George who was just smiling down at you. "It's okay love, it's not a big deal." You look at Charlie, and everyone else you recently discovered was there. "It's quite alright, at least I didn't have to do it." He says chuckling. "Well, that's good." You look at the sleeping baby again.

"Let's go up to my room." George says softly before taking your hand in his. "Um, sure?" You take his hand while everyone goes back outside. You guys walk quietly up to George's room. This is the first time you have seen it.

George walks over to a record player his father probably got for him. He puts in a CD and 'Clair de Lune' starts to play. The elegant sound fills the room. George then walks over to you, grabs your hand, and lifts you up. He starts to spin you, and you dance and sway with his to the music. You don't know how long it has been but the music finally stops and you both lay down in his bed.

"You know (y/n), I like you a lot. And mum does as well." He whispers to you. Your faces are mere inches apart. "Well, it's good that I like you a lot as well Georgie." You smile at him.

He then wraps his long arm around you, and pulls you closer. You and him are now chest to chest and he puts his legs over yours. "Goodnight (y/n)." He says while kissing you on the nose lightly. "Goodnight Georgie." You say kissing his hand. You knew he loved it when you did that. And with that, you fell asleep.

Later on when the mini party ended, Molly and Fred found you both sleeping peacefully. Molly's heart melted right then and there, don't really know what went through Fred's mind. But, there were many more nights like this come and you couldn't wait for them.