Chapter 29: Nuage

Chapter 29

Max stared at the strange orb that was attacking his ki cores in confusion.

"Just what is this [Devourer's Spirit]?" Max thought out loud.

"Oi brat! What is that disgusting thing!?" an angry voice said beside him.

Max hurriedly jumped away in panic. Just what was happening!

Luckily it was a familiar face that greeted Max. It was Kai, the previous Red King. Kai had gone into slumber for quite some time but was interrupted by an immensely powerful fluctuation inside Max's subconscious mind.

When he woke up and looked around, he was greeted to another remnant like him. It was at that moment that Max had also arrived. It seems that this spirit's constant attacks in his mind had caused him to lose his consciousness.

"What is that thing Kai?" Max asked in confusion.

"You don't know!? That thing is similar to me. It's another remnant. Someone else's memory and consciousness." Kai said as he looked up at it.

The strange orb was seen circling around the Ki cores and was slowly sucking up Max's Ki.

"Well go on! Go stop that thing or all of us will die!" Kai said impatiently.

When Max first met Kai, he was much more strict and serious. However, after letting him inside his mind, it seems Kai was now behaving like he owned the place.

"Geez I will. But how do I stop it?" Max asked.

Hearing this Kai was dumbstruck.

"You allowed a spirit inside of you without knowing how to control it!? Are you insane?" Kai said with shock.

"You need to overwhelm the spirit with your mind's will. The stronger your will the easier to capture it. If the spirit's will is stronger than yours, then it will simply destroy your mind and take over your body." Kai said calmly.

Hearing this, Max panicked. He had never done this before!

Max and Kai quickly flew towards the speeding orb.

"Stupid Spirit! Look over here!" Kai yelled.

Max tried to kick the spirit but it was too fast.

"I need more help." He thought as he called out both [Mist Knight] and [Dusk Djinn].

Just as he called them both beast spirits appeared beside him. Both of them knew exactly what to do.

However, just as both of these creatures appeared, the speeding orb stopped mid air and started to expand.

"Good! Good! You guys seem quite appetizing!" a creepy voice hissed out of the glowing orb.

A white mist was soon released out of the orb and it soon condensed into an upper body of a man. This man's lower body was entirely shrouded in mist and was connected to the glowing orb. He looked like a genie from an old childhood fairytale.

The man had a white fluffy hair and mustache that had a texture similar to a cloud. He was extremely muscular and had an extremely piercing gaze.

He folded his arms and looked down on Max and his companions with a condescending gaze.

"I will destroy your soul and mind. Then I will take over your body. Your spirits and slaves will be my appetizers!" The man shrieked.

Kai, Mist Knight and Dusk Djinn dashed towards the spirit in an attempt to overpower it.