Chapter 30: The Return

Chapter 30

"Alright class. That was it for today. You are free to leave..."

Upon hearing this, the entire class was filled with sounds of rustling as many started to make their way out. Max too had proceeded to walk out.

"Everyone except Max. I need to talk to you." Mr Trent said.

Max immediately stopped and walked back towards his teacher.

"Yes sir?" Max asked.

"Where were you? I asked Mr Eralith about your whereabouts but he kept dodging the question." Mr Trent asked curiously.

Upon hearing this, Max scratched the back of his head. He couldn't just tell his teacher that he was wanted by a secret terrorist organization...

"I was training in the Wildlands and got lost... Mr Eralith didn't know about it until recently either..."

"I see... You missed out on something really special. We went to the Ki Labs and everyone was given a free Ki Art. The Lab still has left some for you. So if you are interested, feel free to go over to Ki labs and claim your Ki Art. Here is your claim voucher that was given from the Lab." Mr Trent said as he passed Max a small card.

Hearing this Max grew excited! He needed more skills to learn. This time his school had given him the chance to get a free Ki art!

"Thank you sir for giving me this opportunity!" He said with a slight bow.

He could finally get a new skill!

Max quickly made his way to the Ki Labs. He couldn't wait to get his new ability.

He walked into the clean white room and approached the receptionist.

"Hi, I am here to use my Ki Lab Voucher. I am from Rexton Academy and the school gave this to me." Max said as he flashed the Ki Lab Voucher to the lady across the counter.

Seeing the voucher, the lady smiled and told him to wait.

"Please wait. I will call a professor to lead you to the testing room." she said as she picked up a small phone from the top of the counter. Max waited near the counter and soon enough a professor came.

"Hi! You must be the student from the Academy! Please follow me to the testing area!" he said with a smile.

Max was led to a white room with many shelves, tables and various holograms.

"Take a look at any of these arts. I will call in another professor to deal with the procedures." the professor said as he walked out of the room again.

Max nodded and soon proceeded to look at the various Ki arts offered by the lab. He could see many holograms showing how to use the Ki Art and it's names. After a while of looking around the entire room, Max realised that he couldn't really use them as none of them were suited for his fighting style.

Just as he was about to give up, his eyes landed on one of the tables across the room. This table was different. It was thrice the length of the other tables and it was black in colour unlike the other white tables. Out of curiosity, Max walked towards the table to see what was one the table.

There were multiple greyish thin stone tablets that were stacked on top of each other. He decided to take a look at the table at the top of the pile. As his eyes landed on the tablet, he received the shock of his life!

"These tablets... they are written in the same language as the one in the [Secrets of Ki]!" Max realised.

He had been trying to decipher some of the words in the book when he was hiding inside the ruins. Although his understanding was meager, he could understand a few words written in the book.