Chapter 37.2: Exposed

Chapter 37.2

Max was quite annoyed by this. He was not in the mood with dealing with a creature that is close to an S-Rank. He was too tired for this. The massive snake had still not given up on him. It's thick sturdy scales were impenetrable. Max's katana was unable to pierce through its skin.

"I can't even hurt this thing." Max said with confusion.

The snake on the other hand was getting annoyed too. It had tried to attack Max but his defense was solid and could rival the snake's attacks. It hissed at Max and lunged at him. Max seeing this, immediately dodged from the snake's attack trajectory. However, the snake seems to be quite intelligent.

Just as Max dodged the snake's attack, the red snake swung it's tail at him. He was taken aback by the creature's sudden movement. He immediately crossed his arms in front of him in an effort to defend himself. Almost immediately he was flung across the sandy terrain at an unbelievable speed.

Max skidded across the sand and felt extremely dizzy. He spun around the air as he crashed onto the sand. Dust splattered everywhere as he finally came to rest from the impact of the snake. He wasn't injured, just extremely disoriented.

"These two abilities are really powerful but it's a shame it uses a significant amount of Ki to maintain this form." He thought in his head.

The snake had long used this opportunity to burrow underground and attack Max from below. He was confused when he looked at where the snake went but was immediately attacked again as the snake exploded out from below Max. It's massive mouth opened wide and quickly swallowed him. Max was completely taken aback.

For a massive creature, it was extremely fast. His vision continued darkening as he slowly descended deeper into the snake's stomach.

...

Meanwhile, Lucas was horrified, the snake had swiftly swallowed the so-called "A rank powerhouse" according to Frey.

"Is he dead?" He asked Frey.

Frey just smiled at him and replied, "Just watch".

Lucas was confused. Shouldn't the evolver be dead by now?

...

Max had been forcefully eaten by the snake. He had learnt that most snakes in the wildlands tend to have a corrosive fluid to break down its prey. Thinking about this, Max felt a chill running down his spine.

He needed to get out of here. Max started to charge up the remaining Ki inside his cores. He was going to release a massive amount of plasma ki from his body. He closed his eyes and immediately gathered the final amounts of ki in his body and released them all at once.

...

"Frey I don't know if the evolver is going to survi-" Lucas said but his sentence was cut short as the massive red snake started to expand up like a balloon. There was a bright purple light that was emitting from its mouth. Was the strange person alive?

Almost immediately the snake started to release smoke from its mouth and was writhing around in pain.Lucas was horrified. Soon, the snake had expanded twice its size and there were purple veins of ki seen running through its body.

...

Max had poured out all his Ki for the blast. It had completely annihilated the snake! The purple Ki ate through its body and had killed it.

[Ding! Killed Cobragon Received 1,000 exp and 1,000p!]

However, Max faced another problem. His Ki reserves were empty. Considering he had 6 Ki cores, it was unbelievable that he could even empty them... All evolvers only had one Ki core. But what made some better than the other were how big they were. Some evolvers have a massive ki core while some had a really small one. In the case of Max, he has 6 normal sized Ki cores which is considered quite massive compared to other evolvers.