Chapter 43.2: Trial

Chapter 43.2

The trial had begun and the interrogator began asking questions regarding the situation. Max had already planned out on what to say and he was sure that he wouldn't be punished. He even had proof of ongoing transactions of the day.

After many rounds of asking questions, Max felt something was off. The interrogator was purposefully asking Max irrelevant questions that weren't helping him and when he did try to tell them, he was silenced and told that it was not relevant.

Something felt a little... fishy.

Max was trying his best to improve his situation but it seems the interrogator was sabotaging him. Just then, the interrogator coughed.

The room went silent. The trial had ended. It was time for his judgment. Max gulped in worry. This was it. This would decide his future.

As the room quietened down, the Interrogator started to speak.

"I, Inquisitor, Umbriel Kreita, have come to a conclusion..."

Upon hearing the name, Max's eyes widened.

"Umbriel... Kreita..." he said in his head. The Interrogator was also part of the Kreita family!

This explained everything! It was all a trap! The Kreita family had planned this in advance!

"Scums!" Kai said in his head with anger and disgust.

"I will charge the accused citizen, Max, as guilty. The observers shall now vote on what they think." He said.

Almost as if it was scripted, all 6 Kreita family observers raised their hands in unison.

"We too believe he is guilty." They said together.

Max could see Frey's face light up in joy and greed. Max was enraged! He was tricked!

"In that case, since 6 out of 10 observers voted for Max being guilty, I will charge him for abusing the target and rendering him in a coma, as guilty. You will be charged with 1 month in the Void Star Prison." Umbriel said without missing a beat.

However, just as she said that, Vlad immediately got up and shouted in shock!

"No! You can't send him there! Anywhere but there!" He said in worry. This was not expected from Vlad as he wasn't close to him. Vlad seemed worried for Max for some other reason.

Just what is this Void star prison?

"I'm afraid, it's too late! I have made my judgment! The trial has ended!" She said,

Just like that, everyone got up and left the clean marble room. Max was surrounded by guards who forced him off his wooden chair and was led out to a van.

"You will regret doing that boy! No one has properly survived in the Void Star Prison." One of the guards growled at him in glee.

"You should have realised that a commoner has no power in front of the great Kreita family." Another one said.

Max was confused, angry and in shock! He was struck by an array of emotions that he couldn't control.

"What about my parents?" He thought. He had never told them anything.

Max was forced into the van and was about to be driven off when the door opened.

"Who is that!? Get out!" One of the guards said. However, before they could continue, they realised who they were talking to.

It was Vlad and Johan. Vlad was a very popular and influential member of the Union Government, so they naturally knew who he was.

"I need all the guards to step out for 5 minutes. I need to talk to him. Alone." He said coldly.