Chapter 49: Strange Village

Mun was approaching him. Max stopped and looked at him warily. He still was not sure if he was going to go berserk or not. Soon, Mun stood in front of him and stared at him. Max was on guard and was ready to fight at moments notice.

"You know how to use elemental Ki?" Mun asked curiously.

"Eh?" Max stood in confusion.

It seems Mun had sensed Max using his powers but what shook him was the fact that Mun even knew what he was using. He had been using the special Ki in his body everywhere and no one seemed to have noticed that it was Ki. They all assumed it was his evolver ability.

Mun, on the other hand, had noticed it immediately. He seemed to be knowledgeable in it too.

"Yes. I have mastered some level of elemental Ki." Max said honestly. It seems lying won't work with Mun.

"Interesting. How many do you know?" He asked Max.

Max then began listing them all. "Fire, Lightning, Air and Earth." Max said.

Hearing this, Mun was even more interested.

"Do you know you can mutate your Evolvers Body if you have a certain number of Elemental Kis unlocked?" Mun said.

Hearing this, Max was shocked. Mun was even more knowledgeable than most people! Just who was he?

"I can mutate the Evolver Body?" Max prodded.

"Yes. If you can fuse all the elemental Ki with your Ki core and then spread them all across your nerves, muscles and body. You can force a second evolution on your regular Evolver Body."

Hearing this, Max was shocked. Currently, he had fused the regular [Evolver Body] he had obtained with [Augmented Muscles] which had allowed him to change his entire body to become an [Enhanced Evolver Body]. He couldn't imagine what would happen if he had merged and mutated that to another body.

"But there must be downsides right?" He asked.

Hearing this, Mun smiled.

"Yes. You will never be able to use other forms of Ki or even Pure Ki. Which would mean, the regular evolution path that everyone follows will not always work for you. It would also mean you will not be able to learn over 70% of the Advanced and High Grade Ki Arts as it's made to work with Pure Ki." Mun said.

"Then the benefits?" Max asked.

"That's simple, you're Ki will be denser and stronger. Your body will passively absorb Ki from your surroundings without any difficulty. You will be more durable and on rare and even better occasions, you might even be able to get new powers in the mutation process." Mun said.

Hearing this, Max felt his hopes crash, he did not really need any of this. He already could absorb Ki easily with [Ki Osmosis].

"Also, the absorption is near instant, so let's say you have unlocked Air Ki in your body, you could infinitely use Air Ki without worry as it is in your surroundings. With advanced and proper training you might be able to even convert one Elemental Ki that you have to another. Meaning, in an event where you have no Ki in your Ki cores, you will be able to just absorb the Air and create Ki almost immediately." Mun said calmly.

Hearing this, Max became interested. This would mean he would not need to rely on his Ki Cores. This was a knowledge that he did not know but was glad he learnt about it.

Mun seemed to be really knowledgeable regarding this.

"But there is another catch. Once you mutate the Evolver Body, you won't be able to unlock new Elemental Kis. So the elemental Ki you mutate with, is what you will be stuck with forever." Mun said calmly.