Chapter 18: Viper's Kiss

Chapter 18

Max walked towards the noise and was greeted to a young woman and an old man arguing. The young woman, bright blue eyes had fair skin and two strawberry blond pigtails. She wore a white long dress and had a hat embroidered with flowers on it. She looked like she was from a rich and well known family.

The woman was angrily arguing with a short fat old man. He was bald with a little bit of greying hair on his sides. The old man wore a light blue shirt and white shorts.

"I didn't do it!? I don't even know who you are!" the woman said.

"I know it's you! Give it back or pay me 1,000,000 Gold coins!" the man demanded.

Max looked around and could see that the three of them were alone. The rest of the onlookers have long moved on and that area seemed deserted. It seems the man had noticed that they were alone.

"Hehehe I know who you are lady. Give me the million gold coins or I will kill you. Since there is no one watching, I'll kill you with no witnesses. Don't bother running. I have casted my illusion skill so no one can see us." the man said with a creepy smile as he took out his daggers.

"Besides there is no one here, except for that idiot staring at the shop behind us." said the man pointing at Max. The fat man thought that Max couldn't see them too.

Hearing this, Max was annoyed.

"How dare he call me an idiot." Max grumbled in his head.

For now he decided to watch what was going to happen as he had no idea who the man and the woman were. The man lunged forward ready to plunge his dagger into the woman's neck. The woman reacted fast enough to cast a light blue bubble around her.

Max could see the dark green aura around the dagger when the man tried to strike the woman. Max wanted to know what technique it was as it seemed quite powerful. The woman also seemed to notice the green aura but unlike her expression was darkened when she saw it.

"You! You're from Viper's Kiss! Only Viper's Kiss members know that dagger art! Why are you here!?" The woman said with shock.

"To kill you of course! You must know that our syndicate group is known for assassinations!" the man said as he rushed forward again.

The bubble that the woman had casted was on the breaking as there were many veins of cracks on it.

"If you give me 1,000,000 Gold coins I will let you go. It's much higher than what they paid me to kill you." the man asked again.

"They? Go to hell you psycho." said the woman while she casted another bubble and created 5 bright blue arrows. The arrows started to fly towards

"The Verglas family and their ice ability. Why are all of you so reliant on it? THIS is what they call real skills!" the man said as he did a weird set of dagger movements. There was green mist coming out of his dagger.

"This is... no way. Stop!" the woman pleaded.

"Too late. You should have paid me." the man said with a sneer.

The green smoke slowly started to materialize to form a massive green smoky snake. The man was encased inside the green snake and he swung his blade. As the blade was swung, the massive green snake coiled and sprang forward. Max was shocked when 5 blue arrows that touched the snake disintegrated.

"NOOOO! SOMEONE SAVE ME!" the woman yelled.

Just as the snake was about to reach the woman, a pitch black portal opened up in front of it. The snake went into the portal and disappeared.