Chapter 37.1: Exposed

Chapter 37.1

The purple flames have already reached Max's peripherals. The room had gotten warmer significantly. There was absolutely no way he could escape this. He activated every single one of his defensive abilities and was ready to dash through the flaming inferno.

He was ready to dash through the wall of flames but then had another idea.

"I can just use my [Waypoint Medallion]" He thought.

Max swiftly activated his medallion and was ready to get out of the Ivory Tower. He will come back here when he gets stronger.

The familiar white light of the medallion covered Max and he was soon transported out of the tower.

Seeing how he had closely escaped the flames, he sighed.

"Never going back there again unless I am an S rank. Something about that place scares me." Max thought.

He vowed to get a more powerful mental skill to defend his mind. He was extremely vulnerable to mental attacks such as hypnotism or even some kind of illusion. However, what he saw next made him even more uncomfortable. He was standing in the middle of nowhere. The terrain was covered in sand and not a single creature was seen.

"I must be somewhere in the Dunes." Max thought.

He could use the medallion again to teleport back to the stronghold but he was a curious person and this needed to see where he was. However, he was still unsure on why the teleportation failed. Something must have caused the teleportation location to fail.

"Did the Bone Tower affect the location of the teleport?" Max thought.

If so, that was an extremely risky and scary thing to do. He could have teleported anywhere and might have died. But luckily he was somewhere he was familiar with.

"The Bone Tower is a strange place." Max thought to himself.

He then proceeded to walk around the desert. He had no idea where he was. But if he could somehow identify a landmark from the map that he brought, he could safely explore the surrounding places.

Max was about to move when he felt the ground rumbling. Something was approaching him.

He immediately flew into the air and sure enough something massive had erupted from the ground. It was a colossal snake. Upon seeing Max, it immediately locked it's eyes on him greedily.

This snake's scales were glowing red. Max just stared at it from the sky but to his shock, the snake started to coil around.

"It's going to lunge!" he thought.

Max instinctively moved away but received another shock! The snake had wings! It protruded a massive scaly red wing!

It hissed at Max hungrily and flapped it's colossal wings. A massive desert storm was whipped up by the snake's wings and dust was sprayed everywhere. Meanwhile Max was terrified...

"It's a flying snake! It's already bad that it's a snake but now it can fly!" He thought in fear. He always hated snakes.

He proceeded to fly away as far as he could. He did not want to spend his time fighting a colossal snake.

...

Frey was standing before Lucas with his arms crossed. Lucas had accidentally activated his powers without restraint and had almost impaled Annie. Even though Annie was a B-Rank Evolver, she was physically weak. She was mostly his group's beast tamer and medic. Physical combat wise, Annie wasn't that powerful but with her "summoning staff" she could take down S-Ranks without breaking a sweat.