Chapter 28.2: Wastelands

Chapter 28.2

[Mystic Shop]

1 x Psibond Crystal 10,000,000p

1 x Sacrificial Gacha 10,000,000p

There were 2 new items in the shop and both of them were extremely expensive. From his experience, the more expensive an item, the better it is. Both these items cost millions of points and Max was excited to see what they did.

[Psibond Crystal]

[A strange crystal that can be used to merge with the user's mind.]

[Once bonded with the mind, the crystal and the mind will evolve synchronously.]

[No negative effects. Positive effects vary.]

[Evolution of crystal varies depending on the environment.]

[Sacrificial Gacha]

[Sacrifice an item or ability and receive something of equal value.]

[Item received is completely random and can vary significantly.]

Seeing the descriptions of both items, Max looked quite conflicted.

"Both these items require a lot of luck to be worth it... should I try?" Max thought.

Max looked at his remaining 30 million points and sighed. It seems both these items are going to eat up a massive chunk of his points.

He brought both items and immediately used the [Psibond Crystal].

He watched as the small light blue crystal floated before his forehead and began shining brightly. Max had to close his eyes as it got too bright for him.

However, he could feel the crystal connecting itself with his mind. It was merging with him. It was a pleasant sensation but he couldn't describe it.

Soon the bright light dimmed and he could feel a strange sensation in his head. There was a very mild soothing pulse that was being emitted from his brain. Max couldn't tell what it was but knowing the system it shouldn't be harmful.

Next, he took out the [Sacrificial Gacha] and activated it.

"I might as well use it now." He thought.

[Activating Sacrificial Gacha. Select items to sacrifice.]

Seeing the notification pop up, Max started to look inside his rings. He needed to test something out.

He brought out one of the glowing cubes that he had. Previously he used it for his [Essence Katana] and was left with two of them. He couldn't figure out their origin nor it's worth.

"How much are you worth?" Max asked curiously.

He brought out the glowing green cube and selected it to be sacrificed to the gacha.

[Selected Terrarium Dice]

[Proceed?]

Hearing the notification he was confused. Previously the system called it an "Actuality Dice" but now it was called a "Terrarium Dice".

"There must be a mistake... Unless, they are two different objects..." Max thought.

He then had another idea. He quickly cancelled the sacrifice and selected the other cube.

[Selected Devourer's Dice]

[Proceed?]

Seeing this, his theory was confirmed.

"There are different variations of the same object... I wonder what the difference is..." Max thought.

He decided to choose Devourer's Dice instead of the other dice. He then began the sacrificial process.

Max watched as the dark red gacha glowed a bright red and absorbed the cube.

Soon the blue cube was devoured by the bright red tendrils emitted from the gacha. He watched as the cube disappeared and the gacha slowly broke apart.

"This gacha is different from the others. It's process is much more visual than the rest..." Max thought to himself.

[Sacrificial Gacha has been opened!]

[Received: Devourer's Spirit]

The gacha broke apart and there was a small glowing orb. Max was about to take a step backwards when the orb flew inside him at a rapid pace. Max was expecting a system notification to pop up saying that he received a new ability but to his horror, it was a massive warning sign.

[Warning! Foriegn energy detected! Scanning!]

[Warning! Devourer's Spirit detected!]

[Warning! Devourer's Spirit is eroding your body!]

[Erosion: 0.1% High levels of erosion is extremely fatal!]

Max was shocked when he heard this. However, he couldn't feel anything wrong. What came next shocked him!

[Erosion: 0.2% High levels of erosion is extremely fatal!]

[Erosion: 0.5% High levels of erosion is extremely fatal!]

[Erosion: 2.5% High levels of erosion is extremely fatal!]

[Erosion: 5% High levels of erosion is extremely fatal!]

Suddenly, he felt his body aching all over his body. It was eating away his organs. Max started to violently vomit blood.

"What is going on!?" Max thought.

However, before he could figure out what was happening, he immediately lost consciousness.

His vision darkened but suddenly he regained his consciousness again but when he woke up, he was inside his subconscious mind. He was standing in a completely white room and the familiar sounds of his ki cores could be seen. He could also see his spirit beasts inside their respective ki cores.

However, among them, he could also make out the strange glowing white orb that invaded his body. It was attacking his ki cores.

"Just what is happening here?" He thought in panic and confusion.

Author's Note:

Sorry guys, It's still another half chapter again. Right now I am currently looking for a company for internship for my academic studies. So there was not enough time for a chapter 29.

Internship Outsourcing + Projects + Quizzes/Exams = T__T

I might have to go back on my word. Previously I said when we hit 1.6k reads I would upload biweekly but sadly, I do not have enough time to do that lately. One day, I will fulfil that promise.