Chapter 38.1: Escape

Chapter 38

Max had been captured for half a day now and was having a horrible time at the moment. Currently, He was running from a massive magma golem while there was a long white leash attached to his collar.

Frey had forced him to aggro the beasts in Hell's Pit so that Lucas could practice hitting them.

"Keep running like the dog you are trash!" Lucas said as he activated his ability. Max was slightly surprised when he saw that Lucas had managed to evolve his ability.

"It seems some people finally managed to stop being completely garbage." He thought to himself.

The Magma Golem was actually quite resistant to most attacks. Max was astonished when he saw it tank multiple attacks head on and when it did receive a life threatening injury, it would absorb lava from some nearby lava pools and it would instantly heal back...

Max was soon getting annoyed and tired. His body had no Ki to protect him and he couldn't use his abilities but that doesn't mean he was helpless.

After testing a few things out, he realised that not all his ki was being absorbed. It only absorbs a certain amount of Ki, which to most people would be the equivalent of an entire Ki core.

However, since he has 6 cores, he could recover some of the ki slowly. He also learned that the stone only takes the Ki directly from his Ki core, so if he were to circulate the generated Ki before it was absorbed, he could somehow save even more. Right now, he had filled an entire Ki core with Ki.

There were many times when he would miss his chance to circulate the Ki and all his hard work would go down the drain instantly.

"Finally I have saved an entire Ki Core. Now I just need to wait for the right time." He said with a smirk.

*BOOM* *CRASH*

Max was immediately woken up from his thoughts when the Golem's crushing footsteps heard swiftly approaching him.

He immediately continued running. He was going to survive this and teach Lucas a lesson he will never forget. Since they already know that Max was Silver, he was going to be in deep trouble anyways. Even if he tried to, he couldn't kill them as they were all close to S-Ranks while Frey was even a peak S-Rank who was going to evolve to an SS-Rank. They were definitely going to report him and they were too strong for him to silence...

"As long as I can get back at Lucas I will be fine..." Max thought.

He now needed to bait the golem and Lucas into a secluded place where Frey and his teammates can't reach him... Since Frey was on top of the dragon watching Lucas attack the golem from below, Max wanted to separate both him and Lucas away from Frey.

This would definitely give him enough time to enact his revenge. Previously Max had made the mistake of letting Lucas go.

"Maybe I should kill him..." A voice at the back of his head said.

Almost immediately he shook that thought away. Since when was his first instinct to always kill?

"Gosh, I'm starting to become like Edlyn now..." He said as he thought about his "friend" from the Transylvania region of the Wildlands.

As he constantly drifted in thought, his body was constantly running. Kai was observing their surroundings through the Orb and would naturally inform him if anything was off.

"Maybe when the next heat storm happens I can grab Lucas and run, but the problem is the stupid leash connected to Frey." He thought.

He needed a way to sever the rope. He had tried to sneakily make the golem attack the rope but it was completely unharmed, he even tried dropping it in lava, but it came out completely fine. The more he tried the more annoyed he felt.