Chapter 31: Auctioning

Chapter 31

Max had been training his control with his [Orb of War] when he had an idea. Soldiers tend to carry guns when travelling across planets and he had seen a documentary on how the bullets and the gun were made.

"What if I made the orb a bullet? I could just make it whizz around the air!" Max fantasized as he imagined an invincible bullet flying around in the air.

He closed his eyes and imagined the giant orb splitting up into smaller circular orbs. He moulded them into an oval shape. It looked like a squashed orb. He had managed to create 3 small bullets. These "bullets" floated on his palm and were giving of a small hum.

He then slowly willed the orb to move around. At first he could barely move it around much but eventually he could move all three bullets slowly.

"This is so hard. I can't control all three that efficiently." Max thought.

Just as he thought that, he voice said in his head.

"Max! Are you having difficulties controlling the orb?"

It was Kai, the former King Red.

"Yea." Max replied.

"I can control the orb for you. Although it won't be that efficient..."

Hearing this, Max grinned.

"Alright control it."

Just as he said that, he felt his connection with the orb getting slightly weaker. He then saw that all three bullets were now moving at a much faster speed and he didn't need to control it much.

"It seems letting Kai control the orb is a better idea." Max thought.

He watched as the three bullets started to weave across the sky. Just then he had an idea.

"Kai how many times can you split the orb?" Max asked.

"At our current strength, maybe around 5 times? Do you want me to split it into 5 bullets?" Kai replied.

Max immediately agreed. He needed to know the current limits of the orb.

Almost immediately, the 3 bullets split into 5. It wasn't as fast as before but it was still much better than Max's level of control.

Seeing how the 5 bullets were quite fast, Max smiled with satisfaction. This was perfect. He was about to ask Kai another question when Kai spoke.

"No, I cannot control the orb in it's 'sword' form. It takes too much power from me to control any shapes other than an orb. We need to be stronger to control the shape of a sword." Kai said.

Hearing this, Max sighed. He knew it would be overkill if he could control it that well.

It was quite late. The moon was up and the stars were shining brightly. Max was still outside practising with the orb. He was about to go back to his house when he remembered something. He had forgotten to sort out all the things in his rings. He had acquired many items from the Ruin, the Asura Cryoship and various items from the system.

Right now all the items were in a mess and were not organised at all. He slowly took out all of them and laid all the items on the table and looked through them. It looked like a tiny hill of treasures. There were various weapons and items on the table.

He slowly started to sort through them when his eyes landed on an object. It was the [Ego Seed]. He took the small green crystal-like seed and played it around with his hands.

"I'll plant you soon." Max told himself as he stored it within one of his rings and continued to sort through the pile of items on the table.

He created a small pile for weapons which he planned on selling as none of the weapons from the Ruins seem to be that useful. Next, he looked through the items he got from the Asura's Cryoship. He had forgotten to look through them thoroughly.