Chapter 32: Training Room

Chapter 32

Max left the massive auction house building and looked at the time. He still had a few more hours before his lesson began.

"What should I do now?" He thought.

Max wanted to go to the Wildlands but he didn't want to look like a beggar again, thus he decided to not do that. He then had another idea. Rexton Academy has many different training rooms for their students to use and all of them are free to train in.

He decided to train inside one of those rooms for the day until he had to go for his lesson. Max walked towards the academy's training room and entered it.

This training room is a large indoor area that is divided into 4 different areas. Each area has varying levels of gravity and is available to the public to train in. Max was always interested in the training areas but back when he had no abilities, even the gravity in the most basic room was too strong for him.

He remembered back in the day when he had tried to enter the room to get stronger but instead of getting what he wanted, his body was rendered imobile by the strong gravity and some of the students ridiculed him for entering the training room. It was an embarrassing memory that he did not wish to remember ever again...

Max entered the room as a wave of embarrassment and cringe filled his mind.

The training room is completely white. The walls, floor tiles, and even the doors are all made out of an alloy sheet made out of titanium and another metal. Max walked into the humongous training room. The square shaped training room is divided into 4 smaller squares. Each square has 5 times the normal gravity compared to the previous area.

Max slowly entered the room, he was still having a mild trauma from before.

The training room was an open area and it was shared among everyone else.

Many people saw Max entering the room. They had heard of him before as they were almost always training in the room.

"It's him! It's the trash that tried to enter the room!"

"Quiet! He could hear us!"

"I wonder if he is going to be stuck again? I have only heard about this happening."

Max could hear them chattering about him. He felt a little worried. Multiple eyes were on him. He breathed in and proceeded to walk into the room. He was expecting a scenario similar to last time but to his shock, the gravity in the first training area did not affect him.

"I can't even feel it at all! This is unbelievable!" Max thought in his head.

Meanwhile, the training room was awfully silent.

"No way! He managed to walk into the room!"

"Whatever! It's only the first area. The other 3 areas have at least 5 times it's normal gravity. There is no way he will even be able to walk into the second training area."

"He must have gotten lucky. A late bloomer suddenly managed to get a new ability!"

Many were skeptical about the situation. Max had been known for being extremely weak in the school. Many had bullied and ridiculed him for having no abilities.

Max on the other hand was relieved. He was not hoping to be able to walk in the training area. He walked around the first area and got used to the gravity.

"I'm glad I did not embarrass myself..." Max sighed.

He walked around the first area and realised that it was not that great. He then proceeded to walk towards that second area. Previously he was worried that the gravity in the room would be too much for him but after experiencing it, he realised that it was not that bad. It seems he was worried for nothing.