Chapter 8: The Asura Cryoship

Chapter 8

Max walked up to the roof. He looked around as he tried to find the highest nearby building. After jumping from rooftops to rooftops, Max found a building he can climb on. It was a massive building, a skyscraper. It was one of the union government's branch buildings. Max slowly ascended the building, and soon could see the roof. He sat at the roof and observed the sky, trying to make out a small red ship. After another 10 or so minutes, he could soon see the ship entering the atmosphere. It was a red ship that was encased in flames as it descended. Max could see it crashing down at an impressive speed.

He activated his [Ki Dash], both his fire and lightning bodies, [Skull Demonization] and ran his [Ki Circulation].

Max was covered black bony scales. His head had 2 medium sized horns and his hair was glowing neon blue. His bony scales were emitting purple flames and lightning while his eyes were glowing red and were giving off purple lightning.

Max could feel overwhelming power brimming through his body. Max bended down, ready to jump and use his [Ki Dash]. He closed his eyes, breathed in and kicked himself off the ground. He felt the ground getting smaller and was soon hurtling into the sky. Max knew he could reach the ship in one jump as his strength wasn't that good yet. He activated [Spatial Control] and created a portal in front of him as he jumped.

Max also changed the exit portal's gravity to repel all nearby things instead. As Max shot out of the portal, he was launched at an even faster speed from the portal's repulsion. Max was less than a hundred kilometers from the ground. The ship has just managed to enter the atmosphere. Max estimated that he has another 300 to 400 km to travel.

Max could feel the oxygen getting thinner but he created a small air bubble out of ki allowing him to breath temporarily. Max kicked himself closer towards the small flaming speck in the sky. He travelled around 150 meters around every step he took. Soon, he could see the ship around 250 km away . Max waited for another minute before activating his [Spatial Control] again. Max was launched towards the approaching ship.

He was now less than 100km away, he could see the ship approaching his direction. He was in the ship's trajectory! Max knew that if he got hit by the ship he might die. Max slowly maneuvered himself a few 100 meters away from the ship's path. He watch as the small podlike ship getting closer to him.

He could see that the ship was about thrice his height and was only 10 meters long. Max waited until the ship was a few 100 meters closer to him. He watched as the ship was about to zoom past him.

"Please let this work." He prayed as he used [Shadow Travel].

Max was gambling that there has to be at least one shadow inside the ship. Max was shrouded in a black smoke looking substance and could feel many connections from the ship. Max knew from the system that each connection was a shadow that he can travel into. Without wasting any time, he quickly teleported into one before the ship shot past him.

Max was enveloped in the black smoke and felt himself sinking into a black portal below his feet. Soon it extinguished, and he could see that he was inside the small ship.

Max looked around trying to find out if the Asura that was preserved in the pod was still unconscious. He walked around the ship trying to find the pod. He could see various cabinets and red coloured lights. Max had no time to look at the decoration and proceeded to look for the preservation pod. After walking around for a while, Max found the pod. It was a cylindrical container that was slightly taller than Max.

Max could make out the lifeform within the container and could see a strange liquid enveloping it. Max quickly used his [Riven Gauntlets] and absorbed it into the pocket dimension. Max has managed to absorb the cylindrical pod and the machines connected to it. Max then proceeds to look at the time.