Chapter 43.1: Trial

Chapter 43.1

Max watched in silence. Eralith and Frey were staring daggers at each other. Just then, another group of soldiers enter the room. They were wearing a white armour with glowing blue visors. It was similar in design to the nano armour worn by the Kreita family's soldiers but the material worn by these soldiers were significantly higher in durability. It seemed much more expensive and advanced than the nano armour worn by most soldiers.

"Who are they?" Max thought in confusion.

"Stand down or we will open fire." One of the soldiers said.

Now everyone has stopped completely. Eralith, Frey and the soldiers from the Kreita family knew who they were. But the students were still confused. They did not know who these new soldiers were.

The soldiers parted and 2 men were seen standing before them. One of them was very well acquainted with Max but he did not know who the other one was.

"We noticed strange activities of large troops entering the academy. What is happening here?" the familiar voice said. It was Johan.

...

Johan had been occasionally watching Max but the events of today shocked him. When he saw the large troops approaching the academy, Johan immediately called Vlad to inform him about the situation.

This phone call with Vlad had immediately caused a domino effect like events to occur inside the Union Government building. One phone call led to another and soon, the government had dispatched a group of soldiers to prevent any threats. Partially this was due to the previous attack made by the Vipers' Kiss and they didn't wanted to take any risks

Soon, it led to the current events, making the Union Government dispatch a large number of soldiers.

...

Frey privately began explaining the situation with Johan and the strange man about what was happening. After a few minutes of discussion and silence, the strange man spoke up.

"Everyone stand down. We will be detaining you for now." he raised his voice as he spoke to Max.

Johan could only shake his head in helplessness as he watched Max being handcuffed by the Union Government soldiers. Mr. Eralith was shaking with anger, he couldn't even refuse as they were the Union Government.

Max was confused. He wasn't expecting the government to interfere but this was a good thing. No one in their right minds would dare to harm Max under the government's watch unless they are part of other Syndicate Organizations.

...

The lights shone brightly in the well maintained and clean room. The room was quiet with the occasional sound of a beeping from a monitor. There were about 6 people inside this room standing around an operating table. It was a surgical room.

The 6 doctors and nurses were busy operating on the boy lying on the operating table. It was Lucas. They were trying their best to bring him back to consciousness.

Through a one way glass, 3 people were watching the 6 operators working on Lucas. One of them was a very shaken and worried lady. While the other 2 were confused and angry men..

"He has quite a bit of physical injuries but that isn't the issue. The nurses had healed most of it instantly. The issue is with his brain..." one of the doctors came out and replied.

"What is wrong with his brain?" One of the men asked.

"It's a little strange. We have never seen this before. His brain has undergone so much stress and pain in the past 24 hours, he is under a coma. We can do nothing. He might suffer from memory loss, loss of motor functions or proper thinking. We are trying our best to give him the best care possible." the doctor said calmly, making sure that he revealed the bad news slowly,