Chapter 3: Lin Yue

Chapter 3

Max woke up as the bright rays struck his eyes. He opened them to find that he was on the ground. Max got up, awake and active. He looked around only to realise that he had fallen off the bull when he fell asleep.

Max looked around his surroundings and saw many hoof marks nearby, indicating that the bulls ran by here. Max followed the path back to where he came from. After walking for 30 minutes, the hoof marks soon disappeared as the dirt soon settled back to its original position.

Max looked around and saw a small hill nearby. What caught his attention was the smoke rising up. He walked towards the direction of the rising smoke column as it was evident that someone had made a campfire.

Max slowly walked up the dry hill. He was in some kind of rocky biome as all he saw around him was yellowish sand and rocks.

"This must be a desert" Max thought.

He climbed up the hill and soon saw the culprit behind the smoke. There was a cloaked man. He was wearing tattered grey clothes while he wore a greenish camo-pants. Max saw that he carried a long sword. It was slightly curved, had a long blade and quite sharp. Max almost mistook it for a katana if it wasn't for the fact that he could see thin red glowing lines running along the black blade.

Max knew the weapon was not normal. Max saw that the man had seen him as the man was looking at him while gripping the sword.

"Where is the nearest stronghold?" The man asked in a gruff fierce voice.

"I don't know. Who are you? I am lost too." Max said.

After hearing that, the man paused for a while before speaking.

"My name is Lin Yue. You're lost? Well then, drop your weapons and give me your valuables. If you don't I will kill you." The man threatened as he took a step forward.

"No. Leave me alone. Goodbye." Max said as he walked backwards while staring at the man.

Hearing that, the man ran towards him. He raised his sword and prepared for a horizontal slash while his body glowed a light blue aura. Seeing this, Max activated [Lesser Sealing Eye]. Just as he activated it, the blue aura surrounding the man vanished while the red lines on the katana stopped glowing as it turned black.

Lin Yue, noticing the change, panicked but unlike the rest, he was prepared for such situations. He continued running at Max but at a much slower speed.

Max held his [Dual Raksa Daggers] as he ran towards the man. As Max approached the man, he could tell that the man was experienced. Max raised his daggers to stab the man and the man parried his strike with his sword immediately. Max could feel something was off about the sword as it was giving of a strange vibe.

Max continued jabbing his daggers at the man, constantly using one dagger for offence while the other for defence. Max was worried as he could feel the ability of his lesser sealing soon ending.

Max and the man continued their assault on each other. Very soon the man would gain back his ability. Max was scared as the foe he was facing was quite strong. Max used [Fox Trot] as he sidestepped the man's sword jab and ran his dagger through the man's arm.

Max, feeling his blade strike the man's flesh, smirked. Lin Yue gritted his teeth as he felt something horrifying happening to him. He could feel the wound on his arm trying to open even wider.

He was shocked! A magic weapon! One that can inflict bleed! Seeing this, his eyes filled with greed as he continued attacking Max.

Meanwhile, Max felt the effect of his [Lesser Sealing Eye] fading. Seeing this, Max backed out. The man seeing Max retreating, knew something must be amiss. Soon he realised why. He could use his ability again.